Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
1. I have a wonderful husband who holds the priesthood and was able to give me a blessing which has been a huge source of comfort.
2. I have great family who are rearranging all of their schedules so they can help me take care of isak while I'm on bedrest and Kevin is working.
3. Isak is too little to remember any of this and will likely have no long term issues from his mom not being able to chase him and pick him up for a month.
4. I now have time to learn lots of new stuff, how to knit, be crafty, read the classics, catch up on my tv shows
5. I no longer have to cook or worry about what is for dinner or go grocery shopping.
6. I no longer care if I get stretch marks or gain too much weight, none of that seems to matter right now. I just want a healthy baby.
7. I don't have to work for a month
8. I can catch up on my sleep.
9. Someday when this child is being really awful and ornery and I can remind them what I went through for them and hopefully spur some guilt in my favor.
10. I was stressed about getting everything done in time for christmas and now I have the best excuse! And I can still wrap presents while lying down and mix up cookie dough. So it will be okay.
11. And I almost forgot, I am especially grateful my doctor did not start my on magnesium sulfate which is literally the drug from you know where.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Isak amazingly decided to keep this stocking hat on his head at random times , usually he refuses to wear hats and will rip them off as soon as he can feel one. Perhaps there is hope for this winter.
This is our first holiday season in our house and we were very excited to decorate and put up lights. Unfortunately the inflatable santa helicopter with rotating propellers was sold out at Lowe's, we were planning on mouting it to our roof, but maybe next year.
Isak LOVES christmas lights and was really excited for our lights and tree. Our neighbors have a teeter totter snowman lawn decoration and Isak is constantly trying to run to their yard and jump on it. I think he was pretty confused as to what Kevin and Mark were doing up on the roof and why he couldn't be up there as well.
This little video is sideways (sorry) I keep forgetting my camera does that when I hold it a certain way and then I can't change it. Isak was being pretty funny tonight (we always think he's charming) and was hauling his rabbit around chatting. This is him trying to shove his rabbit in the fridge and talking randomly while doing it. There's tv in the background and kevin laughs really loud at the end because he didn't know what I was doing...but you get the idea.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
5. I love his gallop walk that he does when he is excited and how he thinks he his jumping when really he is just raising his leg with his hands up in the air. Its so fun to watch him learn new things, he is constantly suprising us.
This is a video of isak naming his body parts. We tried doing this multiple times over the past few days and I think he was getting sick of it so he is not very enthusiastic. It took some prodding and its sideways so I apologize but you get the idea, my child is a genius!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Today was kind of a long day. It was rainy and cold so we couldn't go outside much and Isak was off his rocker. So we, (I), made cupcakes and Isak ran around like a crazy man and probably watched way too much pbs television. This was taken after his bath at the end of the day when he had covered himself in red jello and chocolate frosting. We are making progress with our "art" time, Isak now will color for a solid minute on the actual paper before coloring my carpet, throwing the crayons in all directions and yelling, and trying to color my fireplace screen. I think we will wait on the markers and watercolors.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Isak in his awesome frog boots. We also decided it was time to cut Isak's hair because its been almost 6 months and he had started to look rather mullett like.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
*Post the rules on your blog
*Write six random things about yourself
*Tag six-ish people at the end of your post
*Let each person know he/she has been tagged
*Let the tagger know when your entry is up
Six Random Things About Myself
#1 I'm scared of escalators (too many dateline specials)
#2 I have really long toes (Isak got them too)
#3 We want to adopt a kid after we're done having our own
#4 I'm beating Kevin and all of his little Othello friends in fantasy football.
#5 I use to be able to run really far for a really long time and hope to be able to again.
# 6 My son has been sleeping with his furry halloween costume for the past week
Sunday, October 12, 2008
My first thought was that he had an ear infection because he's had a cold for the past couple days and I couldn't figure out why else he would wake up like that. So using my "motherly instincts" that have been right maybe a handful of times, I took him to the doctor that morning. Well the kid actually was starting an ear infection in his left ear and we started him on some antibiotics. Can I begin to tell you how many times I thought this kid has had an ear infection and its just been teething? I felt bad he was sick but somewhat glad that perhaps after a year and a half I might be figuring something out. He's never had an ear infection and well never had any medicine but tylenol and seems to be loving the yummy tasting amoxicillin and sucks it down with no problem. Anyway, it was a very long day for my sick little boy and the above picture is him when we got home from the doctor. He was such a good boy and held tight to his bunny the whole time we were at the doctor. The doctor was trying to look in his ears and asked isak, "do you have kitties in your ears? where are the kitties?" Isak looked at me and said somthing like, dubba dub a duh? like, "what kitties, where are the kitties mom?". It was funny.
This was our little snowstorm we had here friday night. It only lasted a couple hours but the flakes were huge and we got a good inch or so.
Isak in his new winter coat. Its reversible and in boise state colors. Its pretty puffy and I think he has a hard time getting around in it but he's getting more mobile. It should keep him very warm this winter.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Isak has taken to giving his stuffed animals "rides" on his lawn mower around the kitchen. This started after we started giving isak rides on his lawn mower. He's such a smart boy.
Isak and his beloved rabbit that was rescued yet again from the refridgerator.
I was wiping down some of our doors the other day and Isak started yelling and pointing at me. I gave him the dusting cloth and this is what he started doing. He proceeded to try to wipe down the front of the dishwasher, oven and cupboards. Hopefully he wants to be this helpful when he is older, this could be useful....