Friday, November 7, 2008

McCall

Kevin has been traveling the past couple weeks for work and Isak and I decided to tag along this past week when he went up to McCall. We've never been and have heard about what a fun place it is to visit, lots of mountains and stuff to do. I came up on Tuesday after work and as luck would have it, hit a storm coming through the mountains. It was a little 2 lane road and covered with slush, ice and it was snowing. Luckily I had our jeep but since I put it in 4 wheel drive once a year I always forget how to do it correctly. We went about 25 miles an hour and with a lot of prayer and probably some divine intervetion, we made it out okay. It was very scary and of course when we came back and kevin was driving, the roads were dry.
Isak got his first real experience with snow and I think he liked it, he kept pointing and going "ohhhh". Sadly my camera is also broken so while it still takes pictures, I can't see them on my screen while I'm taking them so I have to use the little view finder and half the time I cut off half the picture. very frustrating.

The guy that was working with kevin grew up going to McCall all the time and was nice enough to give us a tour of the area. We even went and checked out the tamarack resort and saw what apparently a billion dollars can buy you. Apparently Andre Agassi is also building a house up there and we saw the beginnings of it which was pretty neat. Its a beautiful area, lots of moutains, trees, and a lake and many, many expensive cabins that are all currently for sale. There's a huge winter festival in january where people carve these ice sculptures that stay up for weeks on display. Anyway, maybe if we stick around boise and in many years if we have any extra money we'll get a cabin up there or con someone we know to buy one...
We had a pool and hot tub where we stayed and it was incredibly warm, it was like a big bath tub and Isak had a ton of fun. However, we've learned traveling with a toddler is much different than traveling with a baby. They don't sleep nearly as well. Isak is usually a great sleeper and can sleep just about anywhere. However, for some reason the pack in play in a dark bathroom didn't seem to cut it for the kid and he ended up sleeping with us for the night which was new experience. I think Isak slept great, kevin and I were both tired from getting rolled on and kicked every hour. And kevin awoke to Isak hugging and patting his head..at 630 am. So we decided to head back a little early so he could sleep the next night in his own bed.






4 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

We used to go to Moses Lake every Thanksgiving when my kids were little. One year, I was driving over the Blues, and hit a fog bank, it was just like a curtain. I drove down the mountain praying and freaking. Driving in the wintertime is risky.

It looks like you guys had a nice time, though. That warm pool looks so inviting!!

Whitney R said...

I agree, the pool looks niiiiice. :)

I'm glad you are okay! Isak is cute. patting kevin's head. haha. I hope someday we get to see a video of isak and the snow!

Victoria Gilbert said...

How scary driving through the mountains in the snow! We've done that, but Jason was driving and I was freaking out next to him....I can't imagine trying to do that alone with a baby in the car and one on the way...so scary! Glad you made it ok. Looks like a nice place!

Cassidy said...

Oh we have been in the situation with the hotel SOOO many times. I love it. We totally know what it was like!