Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A long day

I was upstairs cleaning this morning and I heard Isak playing in the laundry room. He plays in there a lot but this was the first time he had done this....
Yes, he had climbed into the dryer and was sitting there staring at me. He fit pretty well and had some room to spare. Luckily he can't shut the door on himself. I''ll have to remember this if I ever run out of towels.
Today was kind of a long day. It was rainy and cold so we couldn't go outside much and Isak was off his rocker. So we, (I), made cupcakes and Isak ran around like a crazy man and probably watched way too much pbs television. This was taken after his bath at the end of the day when he had covered himself in red jello and chocolate frosting. We are making progress with our "art" time, Isak now will color for a solid minute on the actual paper before coloring my carpet, throwing the crayons in all directions and yelling, and trying to color my fireplace screen. I think we will wait on the markers and watercolors.

4 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

I remember Kevin as a child, and this pretty much figures. You might want to have long commiserating talks with Kathy. heh heh

Whitney R said...

You said that was taken AFTER his bath time? haha.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Oh wow. LONG day. haha :)
He looks so much older in that picture of him in the dryer! And I am impressed that you're even attempting "art time" with an almost 18 month old! Very brave....all Claire does at this point is eat the crayons, so Isak making contact with the paper is good progress :)

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is a little scary. Isn't it crazy how children can find such great places to hide/sit.