Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas

Here are some very belated Christmas pictures. Isak made out like a bandit and had more toys than he knew what to do with but he had a lot of fun opening them. Last year he just played with the wrapping paper so it was fun to see him actually participate.
My sister sent him some elmo slippers which happen to match my own (I've had mine for years, they're very warm). I think he loves them mostly because they spell ELMO on the side and he is currently obsessed with pointing out letters, although most of them are "A".

Kevin and I got him a little chair/rocker with a matching ottoman for him to sit in. He sits in it but so far he's mostly used it as a jumping pad and climbing tool.

Mostly I sat in my chair and took pictures while Isak ran around and screamed. It was fun having my mom here with us and Kevin had a lot of time off work so we had a lot of quality family time. And I had 2 people to wait on me and bring me food and tell me to go back and lay down. I have 3 weeks left of the bedrest thing and hopefully less if my doctor lets me off early for good behavior. I think I can make it.





5 comments:

Whitney R said...

the last picture is definitely my favorite! It pulled at my heartstrings (that term is always so weird, but how else do I explain that it made me a little emotional) to see Isak's little chair right next to yours. Because I'm sure he get's a little frustrated sometimes when you can't chase him around.

3 weeks will go by so fast :) Then the day after you walked around all day you'll probably go into labor. Kidding (kind of). It's good to let the little one bake a bit longer.

We really did miss you guys. I'll be coming to visit quite often as soon as the ball and chain that is school is done with.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! two weeks down and only three to go! is it going as fast for you as it is for us? *G* I say that now while your welded to your bed and can't get me. Colleen is going back to work officially tomorrow, I'll have to give her a bad time too.

Anonymous said...

Lena, Grandma Grimmett said that Kathy is coming to stay with you for a couple of weeks, gee, what would I have to do to get a visit like that from my sissie! You guys can do what Colleen and I did when she stayed with me last month, we both kept our cell phones with us all the time and when she needed me she'd just call, like that comercial, I've fallen and can't get up! *G*

colleen said...

I actually did call Lori the first night from her couch. I couldn't sleep in a bed, so I'd been sitting up-right. I was so desperate to lay down on the couch that I did so after everyone had gone to bed. An hour or so later, I had to get up, but couldn't roll over to get up or pull myself up or anything but lay there like an overturned turtle. I reached for my cell phone (which I kept close by), called my sissie, who was in bed at the time, and within one minute, Lori was standing over me to help me get up. I think of you often and hope that you are successful at resting because I'm excited to see my new nephew or neice. :)

Emily Katlyn West said...

So i totally had a dream about you last night and it made me remember that you where on bedrest, and I felt so bad that i haven't contacted you yet! I hope all is well, and i think it's absolutley precious that you and Isak both have matching slippers! How fitting!