Sunday, November 23, 2008

18 MONTHS AND GROWING!


Isak turned 18 months today and started nursery. He is getting so big! This was him before church this morning, he actually stood still without grabbing the camera. He is such a nice little boy (most of the time) and since most of my blog is about him anyway, I will indulge myself and share a few things that I love about this kid.
1. He loves to play with his stuffed animals. His crib has about 10 animals in it on any given day and he will sit and chat with them when he wakes up and before he goes to sleep. If he finds anything furry or soft, he will rub his face on it like he has feelers.
2. He is very sensitive, if you raise your voice, even if its not at him, his face will crumple because he thinks he is in trouble. He is also very loving and will randomly kiss (lick) your face and give hugs which is my favorite.
3. He goes to bed and takes naps like a champ. We just lay him down and within a few minutes he is quiet and asleep. He put himself on a schedule and we just enforce it and it works really well. Unless of course he is teething then he wakes up randomly at multiple times during the night but luckily that doesn't happen very often.
4.His favorite activity is to look at pictures and videos of himself on the computer. He is kind of a narcissist.We go through this at least twice a day and usually he recognizes something on one of the videos and tries to either reenact it or starts laughing at it again. He really likes to watch videos of kevin when he is at work, he'll point at the screen and go, "dad!".
5. I love his gallop walk that he does when he is excited and how he thinks he his jumping when really he is just raising his leg with his hands up in the air. Its so fun to watch him learn new things, he is constantly suprising us.

This is a video of isak naming his body parts. We tried doing this multiple times over the past few days and I think he was getting sick of it so he is not very enthusiastic. It took some prodding and its sideways so I apologize but you get the idea, my child is a genius!


4 comments:

Whitney R said...

he is so cute! I loved how he went strait for his hair and then realized that wasn't right. haha.

Nana said...

I loved that video, and Isak is so smart! and he looked like a little handsome man all dressed up for church. I'm so excited to have him here, and I bought a Christmas puppy dog and I know he will love to play with when he's here. :)

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

His hair is the same color as Dagan's ; strawberry blond. He is a little doll!

Emily Katlyn West said...

Yep! He's a Genius! But I wouldn't expect anything less!