Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Okay so this past week has been a little crazy and I am tired so that equaled no blogging. Thanksgiving was great, my parents and brother were able to come up to our house and we had lots of fun and kevin and I enjoyed the extra sleep. Mark was able to come up for the whole week on his break and it was great having him around the house to lift heavy stuff...like Isak. Below is this lovely "italian" jello he made for the dinner, we've had it for years at thanksgiving but Mark now loves it even more because it resembles Italy's flag. Kevin and I ventured out for black friday which was a first for us and while entertaining, it was a little too crazy for me. My mom and I found some great deals on fabric though and I have enough stuff for multiple baby blankets which should keep me busy for a while.



Isak amazingly decided to keep this stocking hat on his head at random times , usually he refuses to wear hats and will rip them off as soon as he can feel one. Perhaps there is hope for this winter.

This is our first holiday season in our house and we were very excited to decorate and put up lights. Unfortunately the inflatable santa helicopter with rotating propellers was sold out at Lowe's, we were planning on mouting it to our roof, but maybe next year.

Isak LOVES christmas lights and was really excited for our lights and tree. Our neighbors have a teeter totter snowman lawn decoration and Isak is constantly trying to run to their yard and jump on it. I think he was pretty confused as to what Kevin and Mark were doing up on the roof and why he couldn't be up there as well.
I try to avoid pictures of myself on this thing at all costs but Mark took one of Isak and I over the break and I don't look like a beluga whale just yet so I thought I would share.

This little video is sideways (sorry) I keep forgetting my camera does that when I hold it a certain way and then I can't change it. Isak was being pretty funny tonight (we always think he's charming) and was hauling his rabbit around chatting. This is him trying to shove his rabbit in the fridge and talking randomly while doing it. There's tv in the background and kevin laughs really loud at the end because he didn't know what I was doing...but you get the idea.

6 comments:

Lindsey Gilbert said...

AAHHHH!!!! i love it!!!! of course kevin has to ruin it! thats so cute!! love you guys!

Whitney R said...

My favorite part:

"Mblaka bldkady baba" (Isak grabbing Peter out of the door and squeezing him with love hugs)

Nana said...

That was so cute, I can't wait to come next week and see him again! It looked like he was naming the bunny's eye's and nose and ears and so cute to see him talk to him and give him that hug. He's got a lot of caring for animals. So did Kevin when he was little, till he got ahold of bb guns. :)

Whitney R said...

http://itsababynotbrainsurgery.blogspot.com/


check this out. You should do something like it. She hasn't posted in MONTHS. And your stories would be funny.

Victoria Gilbert said...

That is so adorable!! I love when he takes the rabbit out and hugs it...so cute. :) I can't wait to see Isak and Claire together at Christmas...it will be so cute.

Anonymous said...

LOL, hey that kid is always in the fridge! Don't think I didn't notice that. He sure is part of this family!