Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Update

Well I haven't been the best at this lately but now I have something exciting to talk about and I have a reason to blog other than Isak. I had some contractions last night and this morning and went into my doctor..and didn't get to go home. I'm a little dilated and my cervix has shortened quite a bit so I earned myself a few days at the hospital (on the floor where I work...weird). And best of all I get to be on bedrest at home till 36 weeks, which at least is not the hospital. So this has been a crazy day for Kevin and I and a little scary at the same time. It is difficult when I work with this stuff all the time to have it happen to me and to not let my mind go wild with all the possibilities. So I have decided to focus on all the positive things that have and will come out of this experience.
1. I have a wonderful husband who holds the priesthood and was able to give me a blessing which has been a huge source of comfort.
2. I have great family who are rearranging all of their schedules so they can help me take care of isak while I'm on bedrest and Kevin is working.
3. Isak is too little to remember any of this and will likely have no long term issues from his mom not being able to chase him and pick him up for a month.
4. I now have time to learn lots of new stuff, how to knit, be crafty, read the classics, catch up on my tv shows
5. I no longer have to cook or worry about what is for dinner or go grocery shopping.
6. I no longer care if I get stretch marks or gain too much weight, none of that seems to matter right now. I just want a healthy baby.
7. I don't have to work for a month
8. I can catch up on my sleep.
9. Someday when this child is being really awful and ornery and I can remind them what I went through for them and hopefully spur some guilt in my favor.
10. I was stressed about getting everything done in time for christmas and now I have the best excuse! And I can still wrap presents while lying down and mix up cookie dough. So it will be okay.
11. And I almost forgot, I am especially grateful my doctor did not start my on magnesium sulfate which is literally the drug from you know where.

9 comments:

Korbi said...

oohhh... Best wishes! Choose to learn how to knit first... :) My suggestion, kepps your mind and your fingers busy! :) Keep us posted!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

I am so sorry!!! Please let me know if I can help. 429-6941.
This happened to Misti, and they found out that she was having bladder infections, and she had to stay in the hospital until they cleared them up and labor stopped. She couldn't even get up to use the bathroom!!! I was on bed rest for much of the last three months of my pregnancy with the twins, so I know how hard it is when you have a little one who needs you. Hang tough honey!

Crystal said...

Oh poor Lena! I am so sorry you have to deal with this but way to be positive. I am glad you'll have family around. Call when you get bored and I'll be happy to entertain you.

Ashley said...

Lena I hope you enjoy the bedrest because as soon as that baby comes it won't take long before you have to chase after two kids, but I do know what you're going through. It is scary but just take it one day at a time! While you are on bedrest though be assured that the baby will be healthy if you can make it to 34-36 weeks!! Good luck!

Whitney R said...

If you need me to come up for a weekend or anything please let me know. I could come on a Friday morning and stay till Sunday. Although I know Kevin has weekends off. I start school on the 7th.

I love your list of good things! I hope as you are stirring that cookie dough that you eat some of it too. With all of the cookie dough/brownie batter I have eaten in my life, I'm pretty sure I'm immune to salmonella.

Oh, and have you read the draft of Midnight Sun (twiliight from edwards persepective) on stephenie meyers website? Cause if you get bored you should do that. I just finished the first chapter and I'm pretty sure she'll finish it. She's got to. It's good :)

Mike and Lisa said...

Hang in there Lena! And (try) to enjoy the bedrest. I know the worry on your mind not might be enjoyable but it sounds like you're looking at it with the glass 1/2 full!

Katie said...

Lena!!! I wish I was closer so I could come visit you! If you want to talk while you're lying in that bed give me a call. I can keep you company, even from across the country. Take care of yourself. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Ah Lena, I won't say that I'm sorry for you because I' saving all of my sorry for my sissie, I'm sure that you understand. She was quite happy to hear that she has a partner in bed rest and is looking forward to exchanging tips on hollering for help when the remote gets dropped. Your in our prayers and isn't it nice to have the Priesthood? Lige has been giving Colleen blessings through all of this and it has really helped give her peace of mind. Stay strong and give Izak a kiss for me!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Lena, I hope that things go well and that you don't get to sick of being stuck in bed. Take care and I'm glad that you have wonderful family and friends to help you out. Merry Christmas!