Friday, September 17, 2010


Wednesday night we took our kids to the fair here in Othello. It was our first trip there and our kids first experience at a fair. They LOVED it! I dressed them appropriately in "farm" attire, made Isak wear a plaid shirt and overalls. I have yet to see any farmers wear anything like this, but I made my point :). Our kids loved being able to pet all the animals and Isak was very interested in finding a brown rabbit that looked just like his hop. Lucy loved baaing at all the animals, see video below, and was quite suprised when some started baaing back. She also moooooed at some of the cows. It was very endearing.

"Hey, is this where the milk comes from?" He would make his grandpa proud.


I was suprised how much our kids like the rides, being so little. Above is Isak at an amusement park I took him to last August in Wisconsin when he was 2.
Above is Isak on a similar ride at the fair, obviously much braver. He especially loved the bouncy house/slide that we had to pay a $1 for him to go on and each time we didn't catch him come out and go back in. I am pretty sure that's how they make all their money.

Isak really wanted to go on this huge pink slide and the only requirement was that they could walk up there by themselves. I thought, no way, this is way too big, but sure enough, he grabbed his little blanket and marched right to the top and came down.
He loved it...and went twice.


He also loved this spaceship ride which I thought was too scary but it put him up in the air and up and down and he really liked it. We also took Isak on the ferris wheel and sat him between Kevin and I. I forgot how much I dislike heights and I also forgot what a parrot I have for a son. So as we are sitting 50 feet off the ground I hear Isak..."Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, we shouldn't be up here..". Yea, way to pass my fears on to my kids, I know.
I put Lucy on this little goldfish ride and she Loved it...she was yelling "wweeee" the whole time and when they had to stop to pull off some crying kids she kept yelling "ready, set go! ready, set, go!"My sorry attempt at a family picture that I conveniently cut myself out of.
There was a cute little play area near the goats that had sawdust chips and some toys for the kids. By the end we were pretty tired and our kids were pretty cranky. It was the perfect size fair though, not too big, and had everything you needed. And the best part is that we went on dollar day so everything was only moderately overpriced. And we get to go again tonight because Kevin signed us up to work the elephant ear booth for the Boy Scouts from 10-11:30..AWESOME! (insert sarcasim).

2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Looks like fun! I'll have to keep my eyes open for something like this around here, since they cancelled the state fair! boooo!

Nuttymonkeymama said...

I hate the ferris wheel too!!!! And conveniently did NOT remember until I was on it with Aiden at the fair this year.....