Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st day of Preschool!

Isak started preschool today! Well, it didn't go quite as well as I had hoped. He refused to let me leave so I stayed the whole 2 hours with him and had Kevin come pick up Lucy. I have to remind myself that he just turned 3 in May and that he still pretty young. That and it was his first day and he knew absolutely no one there. Pretty scary stuff. I think he will do great once he has gone a few times and feels more comfortable. I think I have much more anxiety about it than he does! He does great in our nursery at church where we leave him every Sunday for a few hours so I am hoping once he gets to know everyone there he will do better. And I am really hoping that he doesn't come out of the bathroom with no pants on and scares all the little girls in his class. That is a very real possibility and something we are working on at home. Wow this whole parenting thing is kind of scary when you start putting your kid in school and realize that your successes/failures as a parent will soon be seen by everyone!

On a side note, I attempted to braid Lucy's hair when it was wet so she could have crinkly hair for church the next day. It didn't quite turn out as I had hoped and just gave her super crazy hair.

2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

I love that you can braid Lucy's hair! i haven't tried that yet with Claire, but I'm thinking it probably wouldn't work. How is Isak liking school now? Is it getting better? I guess you need another week under your belt to know for sure.
Love your pictures of the kiddos :) First day pics are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll need to have a braiding party at the next beach trip!!!!!