Sunday, September 26, 2010

This weekend we spent enjoying our lovely grass outside...and Isak hit around his golf ball. On Friday we went to Cirque du Soleil in Spokane with Kevin's grandma and parents. I had never been and really enjoyed it, especially all the acrobatics. The most impressive act I thought was the set of catortionist sisters who could pretty much touch their belly button to their back bone. Inspired me to do more yoga. After getting back late Friday, we woke up early Saturday for my race in Richland. My wonderful parents came to my house super early so Kevin could drive me to the race and they later met us there. Crystal's husband, Scott, was running his 1st half-marathon...a bet he was trying to win. Apparently making your husband run long distances to get things that they want is very popular :). Anyway, it was along the riverfront in Richland and started at the marina.
Scott did much better than I thought and finished in under 2 hours. I still beat him, but that is neither here nor there...I have to give him props, I dealt him a lot of trash talk about finding him on the side of the trail somewhere. I felt pretty crummy the last half of this race and then continued to be sick the rest of the day. I am not sure what was going on but I am still feeling a little under the weather today too. Anyway, I did run a PR and was excited about my time. I know I can do faster though.

Saturday night was the BSU vs OSU football game and we had friends over to watch the game with us. Somehow I forgot to take pictures though. Picture tons of small children running around screaming and some adults sitting trying to watch a football game, also screaming. And lots of orange and blue paraphenilia sitting around. Thanks to everyone that came, it was tons of fun, sometimes I forget how much I like to be social.


Then today was my mom's birthday! We celebrated at my house with some very yummy salmon and strawberry cheesecake from Costco..delicious! Its great having family close so we get to celebrate birthdays and holidays together. It was a whirlwind weekend, I think an early bedtime is in order tonight.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

1:50 is a great half marathon time. great job!

Jenny Robbins said...

Your grass looks amazing! Congrats on your race time! That's awesome. Next time you're in Richland, come see us.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Great job on your run! And the grass looks beautiful! :) Horray!