Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm back! I thought my camera was gone forever, really it was in a drawer in my bathroom for the past 2 weeks. I even bought some disposable cameras for our trip to Boise last weekend just so I could have pictures. Good thing I found it, I really didn't want to buy another one. We went down to Boise last weekend to visit some old friends and family we haven't seen since we moved. It was great, minus the fact the kids gave me their stomach flu on Friday and I spent most of that day in random beds and trying not to get everyone else sick. We shot down to Twin Falls on Saturday afternoon to visit Kevin's brother Nathan and his wife Stephanie and their baby Conner. It was good to see everyone and get caught up. We stocked up on Boise State gear for the upcoming football season and I'm proud to say my house will be obnoxiously flying a bright orange flag every game day. I'll put up pictures of our trip when I get my lovely disposable camera developed. I hope I remember how to do that. Meanwhile, both Isak and Lucy have had colds so we have been hanging out at home and at the park when its warm enough. I though I would gather Isak's arsenal and take a picture. I realize some mothers may be appaled at this and think I'm a horrible mom for letting my son play with guns. I think little boys should be allowed to play with boy things as long as it is done appropriately. Isak loves it and Im pretty sure he won't grow to be a cold hearted killer when he grows up. Did I mention this tough little guy's favorite song is "I am a Child of God?. Yea, I think he'll be fine.

The red toy kitchen came yesterday! Kevin and I spent last night putting it together. Its really cute and very red. I'll put up some better pictures of it later.



5 comments:

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

I love people who get all upset about kids playing with toy guns. I mean my brother played with them all the time growing up and he turned out just fine... oh, wait...

Lena, your kids are adorable and I absolutely LOVE Lucy's little red kitchen. If I have a girl I just might have to find out where you got it.

Ty Robbins said...

Man, disposable cameras? With the winding and everything? Dang. That's rough. Haha. I haven't used one of those things in YEARS.

Guns are boy toys and I think it's totally okay.

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Your kids just get cuter and cuter. No, I did not let Nick play with toy guns.As an adult he doesn't play with real guns,but I don't think it matters that much, really. If you teach them to be kind, that's the thing.

Nuttymonkeymama said...

Does Lucy love the kitchen?

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow all those guns look like boy heaven. What a cute kitchen. Isn't it hard to keep children entertained when they are sick.