Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines!

Kevin came home for lunch on Friday and suprised me with a trip to Leavenworth for Valentines weekend. He told me to back my bags and we dropped the kids off with his mom and we left! He wouldn't tell me where we were going unti we were about 20 miles away and I finally saw a sign for Leavenworth. We stayed here :http://www.pensionanna.com/rooms.html
, actually in that room, the ottman suite. It was so much fun! We've never left both of our kids overnight before and they did really well. Kevin and I haven't been to Leavenworth since we were kids so it was fun to explore all the shops. Kevin found an australian store that sold some authentic new zealand food that he had on his mission. He was really excited.

This is part of the suite we stayed at, it was Huge! I loved all the little details of the inn we stayed at and everyone was in leaderheusen. In fact, we tried to find Lucy and Isak some Lederheusen but its actually very expensive..




One of the best parts of this place was they gave us the option to go down to the dining room for breakfast or have it served to our room. I was like, really , do you need to ask? How often do I get room service??

We ate at this great little Italian place for dinner that had live music and awesome food. For lunch the next day we tried our first authentic bratwurst at the Muchen Haus. It apparently also has a very popular beer garden that was quite crowded while we were eating.


It was a great, very much needed little escape for a day that I loved. And I found this incredibly awesome red leather purse that was on sale for $20 that might have been worth the whole trip.

But I must say I missed their little faces and was so happy to see them when we got home!



5 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so happy you guys got to go on a little trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Cassidy said...

How fun!!!!

Katie said...

I'm jealous! How fun!

Kevin and Eliza said...

That sounds like a wonderful time. I'm so glad you got to go. We went to Leavenworth for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful place.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Wow! Good job Kevin! :) I guess he's a keeper!
Looks like so much fun!!!