Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Projects

So every once once in a while, I decide to do somthing productive. My idea of crafts usually consists of gluing popsicle sticks together but I decided to branch out. I can sew in a straight line at least, sometimes even in a square. I found this awesome fabric last year in boise when a speciality fabric store was going out of business. I've been wondering what to make with it and then decided it would be perfect playroom curtains! If you don't look too close, they look pretty cute.My other project..I've been carting around this beast for 3 years...we found it at goodwill when we first moved to Boise and needed a little tv stand. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't buy the matching one to go with it but it would've been a pain to move around. Anyway, its not exactly updated but I figured a little spray paint might make it look more presentable. It took a while, I had to scrape the doors once and work on it when my children were sleeping...which is why it took 2 weeks. Anyway, Isak thought it looked it pretty good..."wow mom, that's nice"











8 comments:

Nuttymonkeymama said...

Nice job!

Victoria Gilbert said...

wow that looks so good!!! Can't wait to see your house when we come to Othello :)
I also really love that clock in the play room! And the curtains are very cute. You're inspiring me to do get crafty!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Cute curtains. Nice job on the entertainment center!

Katie said...

Great job, Lena! I wish I could sew in a straight line. I can't sew at ALL. I keep telling myself I want to learn, but I haven't really done much about it. I love the TV stand, too =-)

Valerie said...

I am inspired...Those curtains really are great! Can either or both of your kids fit in the tv stand? It looks pretty fun!

Whitney R said...

I love it! I'm going to re-do a corner hutch that is so so so ugly in our house and I hope it turns out as nice as yours!

Crystal said...

So cute Lena, I love the red

Cassidy said...

Good Job! Very crafty.