Sunday, March 7, 2010

Quiet weekend at home...

We had a great weekend just being home and working on some house projects. It was really nice to be home on a saturday and have nothing that we had to do or anywhere we had to be. Kevin and I saw the new Alice in Wonderland movie on Friday. We both liked it, it was kind of strange but then again, the story is kind of strange. The Walmart here had a big 50% off clearance sale storewide and I stocked up on a few toys for next christmas. I also got tons of craft paints for $.15. Isak scored some toys he got to open now..I got this cute little fireman dress up costume for $3. Lucy loves the axe it came with and carries it around the house. And, as pathetic as this may be to admit this, I took both kids to the store by myself for maybe the 3rd time ever. But then again, if you have met my kids, you might understand why I never take them by myself. I think Isak is getting better, however, I think I could venture out again if I was armed with an ample supply of fruit snacks and life savers.
Lucy has reached the "I'm incredible naughty on purpose stage" and likes to dump things out, play in the toilet, run towards the street, and continues to put everything in her mouth. She's figured out that she doesn't have to be carried and will lunge towards the ground whenever she wants down and then take off. She also has discovered how to bite Isak and dump my brown sugar all over the floor. Good thing she's cute, I think its her saving grace. Isak is big lately on having us read warning labels, signs, stickers and likes to repeat what they say...over and over and over. Lately he has been repeating the "explosion hazard", "shock hazard" stickers from the washer and dryer and tells me everything is some kind of hazard that will blow up his playroom. He then proceeds to tells me I need to unplug them before the repair man will work on them so he doesn't blow up. Today he kept telling me that people need to "please knock on the door" so they don't wake up the baby(I have a sign over our doorbell).

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Lena you are brave-I never take both of my kids to the store by myself. They are out of control. I love that picture of LUcy she looks so sweet. Issac sounds like Aubrey-she is always talking about monsters and things that scare her.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I was out the other day with both kiddos and I called David and told him I felt like a one man circus. And although, Bridger isn't mobile and is really the perfect baby his sister makes up for him! And since David gets home way to late to get out without them I HAVE to go out by myself with them, I wish I didn't sometimes. Cambree is a HORRIBLE shopper! So here is to all of us moms that feel like a circus act when we go out in public! HA!

Korbi said...

they had the same wal-mart clearance here and I swear I have been back like 3 times... ;)

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow that clearance sale sounds great. Lucy is so cute in that picture. I totally understand not wanting to take your kids to the store alone. I usually wait for my hubby to get home.

getti said...

Lena I'm glad you found me. I already added you as one of my blogging buddies on my site so it will be easy for be to keep up on your life. Yea I have to keep myself busy so I don't get depressed with the no kids yet. Yours look so beautiful. I'm excited to read through your blog and get caught up a little.

Whitney R said...

yahoo for big sales! And the things Isak says are so cute :) Keep em coming!