Sunday, January 30, 2011

This week Isak and Lucy made some pictures by blowing paint with a straw across the paper. It was a lot of fun and Isak could do it pretty well. Lucy just fingerpainted and made a huge mess, which was fine since we can use our bathtub again! Isak likes to help me by putting away the silverware out of the dishwasher. I have made it is official "job" and after I take the knives out, he pulls up the stepstool and sorts it out in the drawer. I hope this is the first of many tasks he can take over for me. Lucy has been really into wearing her hat lately and will bring it to us yelling 'haat! haat!" until we put it on her head. She also loves shoes (such my daughter) and will bring them to us demanding we put them on her feet. Her favorites are the frog boots which we recently replaced with new, bigger frog boots that look just like her old ones. She will bring us cartons of milk and juice out of the fridge with a sippy cup and yell she wants a drink "in here!". She will drag them quite a long ways if I don't catch her and sometimes the milk is almost a full gallon. She's building some big muscles.
Annnndd she discovered how to pull out the chairs, climb on the counter, and attack the brownie batter. Now that is one happy face!

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Cute family picture! I hate it when my kids learn how to climb. It just seems like there is no stopping them after that.

susan said...

Thanks for the fun blogs. Your kids are fabulous!