Thursday, January 6, 2011

It has been pretty cold around here lately and the snow hasn't gone anywhere. I try to take my kids outside once a day unless its super duper single digits cold. I got lucky and have had so much family around lately, I have gotten out of this duty but I realized yesterday we were all going stir crazy since it had been a few days. Lucy was begging to go outside as well although I am not sure she knew what she was asking for, judging her reaction to the cold.

We were outside for probably 2 minutes when she started complaining "Im cold, I'm cold". and wanted to be held. Yes, she is not too tough that one. So I bundled her up in the stroller and Isak and I walked to Kathy's house. It was just what we needed to get out of the house and none of my kids got frostbite or any sicker than they have already been. We got a lot of weird looks along our way, Im guessing you don't see too many strollers out in snow. Although, it wasn't too bad and we really enjoyed our walk.



Those are trees behind my hair in that picture, I swear I think I remember combing my hair that morning.
Kevin and I joined the gym here in Othello this week so I no longer have to run outside in super cold temps unless I really want too. We also bought our tickets to New Zealand for this spring for our trip we have been planning forever. I am so so excited and now we are looking for motels to stay and planning our activities/sights while we are there. Kevin still knows some people there from his mission and it will be fun to meet some of them too.

Isak and "Big Bear" that him and Lucy got for Christmas. Its been added to his stuffed animal fleet that he sleeps with everynight. This is how we found Isak the other night in his bed. Loved the cross legs.
Lucy will be 2 next month and despite all her cuteness, she is no longer a baby, so I have been trying to be stricter with her and more dispilinary. Which really means, telling her no and making her give things back to Isak when she takes them. The video below will demonstrate how well this is going.....




1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Aww They look soooo cold!!!! Wyatt hates the snow. He keeps falling face first in it, so really I don't blame him. At least they have that gigantic bear to snuggle warm with when they come inside :) I wonder how long Isak will sleep in his "fortress"??