Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting my Isak to eat his vegetables is difficult. I will admit, I am not a super strict mom when it comes to this. He is rather picky, it is probably my fault and most of the time, I don't want to battle. I am trying to improve, get him to eat something green once in a while, but in the meantime, I have to improvise. I put spinach in his smoothies in the morning and whatever other pureed vegetables I want to dig out along with whey protein powder. I cover it with some orange juice and yogurt, and he can't even tell. I usually add frozen blueberries or strawberries or whatever else I have laying around in my freezer. I think I might start adding some flaxseed as well. He loves them and asks for his "shake" every morning. Lucy loves them as well, although, she is much more adventurous when it comes to eating compared to her brother. Anyway, I am always feeling like I am a horrible mother because I let Isak eat a whole lot of chicken nuggets and honey and PB sandwhiches. Knowing that perhaps I do one thing right in his diet a day makes me feel a whole lot better.

What a happy kid! He doesn't even care that his "shake" is a lovely green color today. How do you get your kids to eat whats good for them?

2 comments:

Jenny Robbins said...

I have to do the same thing for Ty. :)

Linda said...

Lena you make me laugh! You ARE a good mom. I always refused to let my kids have stuff I wanted them to like. Liver? no way - you won't like it - nope this is mommy/daddy food! They would beg and beg until, still insisting they wouldn't like it, I would let them have one tiny bite. Only one. Often they would pull a face the first time but eventually they would be begging me to share - but then I do like that stuff myself...