Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lately we have been very busy with some home renovation projects. We are tiling our entryway/hallway and bathroom. So Kevin and I have been scraping old linoleum and cutting carpet out in our spare time. This week we (really Kevin and his dad) are laying the tile. Isak has been "helping" the demolition process, donning his safety goggles and snow gloves. I will post some pictures of the lovely before and after once it is all done. I feel like our projects in this house are neverending, there is always something to be painted or replaced or torn out. Like that oh so lovely green oven that is going to be in the garbage very, very soon. I think I might set it on fire and dance around it in my backyard.

Last week the kids and I spent a lot of time indoors going stir crazy. We did a lot of playdough, lots of bed jumping, dancing, painting and playing random games that Isak would request me to make up at a moments notice. I also spent quite a few hours being a bad guy, robot talks with green eyes, the eliminate guy, and purple spiderman. Yes, I was quite happy to get out to work last Friday afternoon for some adult conversation. I found a super sweet Rescue Ranger Castle for Isak at Goodwill for $3, I forgot a picture but he LOVES it. I got that and a huge bag of action figures for $4 and a Spiderman sleeping bag for $4. I don't know why I ever buy any of my kids toys new, they never know the difference! Lucy really loves to play with playdough and eat it as well. She also loves to paint and will bring me the paint bottles, yelling, "painnt! painnnt!". Tonight she was waving and yelling "bye bye!" to herself in the mirror and then running away, coming back, and doing it again. Such a crazy nut.


My brother Aaron got us this super sweet trampoline for Christmas and the snow finally all melted so we set it up on Monday. We still need to put up the safety net around it but Isak was so excited. He's been asking everyday for weeks if it was warm enough yet to have it up. They both love jumping on it and get really upset when I make them come in the house.




Lucy loves to sing. Its not always intelligible, but some of her recent favorites are the Cat in Hat Theme song from PBS and if your happy and you know it song from primary. On Sunday I was singing the latter with her and she grabbed some boxes of pudding and was clapping to the beat. She always makes sure to cheer for herself at the end :).

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Sounds like you guys are busy. House projects are never ending, it is always so fun to see the end result, just not always that fun trying to get it all done. Good luck with the tiling and I'll look forward to pictures. That trampoline looks fun.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Your house is going to be so beautiful!!! You guys are working hard... it will be worth it. My kids are going to love playing at your house... you guys have the best toys! The trampoline will be especially fun this summer!!! Wish we lived next door. Sigh. :)