Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ding Dong the Oven is Dead!!!!


A wonderful thing happened at my house this weekend. My awful, 70's, avocado green stove officially was laid to rest. Its days were definitely numbered and may it rest in peace in the pit. No more stuck cookie pans, no more cursing at my oven, no more burnt fingers and bracing myself against the counter to pull dinner out of the oven. Did I mention I got to help pull it out of the wall with the crowbar? Yes, it was very liberating. We were able to get a suite of appliances on Black Friday last year and they have been sitting in storage ever since, waiting for us to redo our kitchen. Since its probably going to be at least summer before we get to do the whole kitchen, I thought why not use the appliances now that we've paid for? They are just sitting there while I am cooking on 2 cookie sheets everynight to keep stuff from burning.

I made cupcakes today with the kids and BOTH PANS fit in the oven! I was so excited! Oh the little things you take for granted. We are going to put in the fridge too and leave the microwave hood and dishwasher till summer since ours work fine. We also pulled out the cooktop stove and threw that in the pit as well. Our bathroom tile is finished , just need to do some finishing work. I had quite the battle scars on my hands after the past few days but its totally worth it.
Its too bad real life isn't like HGTV and all your home renovations can't be completed in a day or 2.
Isak desperately wanted to make cupcakes today so we recycled our christmas plates and made some valentines cupcakes. A combination of holidays. And I found some willing people to take these plates for me so I don't end up eating 10 cupcakes, which is a very real possibility.

I am painting this mirror for our bathroom and Lucy loves to sit in front of it and talk and sing to herself. She truly is her own biggest fan. I am glad she has such great confidence at an early age. Hopefully it will carry on to her teen years, which I don't want to start thinking about just yet.


Isak and I made a fort this morning out of our new toilet box. We made Lucy an adjacent tunnel so she could hopefully be contained. Isak decided it was a rocket ship and cut out some paper to be his control panel. Boxes are awesome.

2 comments:

Charee said...

I'm excited to come and see your progress! And I'm hoping your progress will motivate Todd to finish up some things here!

Victoria Gilbert said...

yay!!! I don't know how many times I've been talking to you when you had a pan stuck in that old avocado oven! Congratulations :)
And Isak's box contraption is awesome!