Friday, December 31, 2010


Christmas 2010 was a success, if I do say so myself. I once again attempted to save money by buying toys in advance, only to buy only more with "such great sales!" and really didnt' save that much. So, I now have birthday presents for this year. We spent christmas eve with my parents and had a wonderful, quiet evening watching the nativity and reading the Grinch and the Christmas Story out of Luke. The kids opened their christmas pajamas and I of course could not get them to pose together so separately, here are there pajamas. Isak was old enough this year to understand about Santa and being naughty or nice and still continues to threaten to call Santa once in a while and tell him I am being a mean mommy. Anyway, we put cookies out for Santa and we had to get our kids up early christmas morning because we had to be over to Kevin's parents house in time for his whole family to open gifts. It was a little nuts. The kids were pretty groggy when we woke them up and it was rather anti-climatic. We had to remind them to keep opening presents. They were pretty excited though, Isak got his Iron-Man that walks in the snow that he's been asking for for months. We left it unwrapped and put it outside in the snow christmas morning. Kevin took him outside to get it, he was pretty excited. Lucy got a Buzz Lightyear pillow and an alphabet of wooden, painted letters and some other things. We had presents left that weren't unwrapped yet so I just stuck them in the closet for their birthdays. I didn't even get them that much stuff but I think next year I'll stick to 2-3 presents a piece. Isak was a little overwhelmed by it all.



At kevin's parents house, we had 5 families and 7 grandkids opening presents at random. Isak got this awesome Ironman shooter gun. Sense a theme? Yea, it keeps going.
Kevin bought me a beautiful necklace and earrings and I suprised him with a Kinnect for our Xbox, which happens to be the most fun thing ever. Anyone want to come over and play Dance Central with me? Its AWESOME!!Lucy got a stuffed Buzz and a Woody doll with some books and other toys. Kevin and Isak also got matching IronMan pajamas but really, how awesome is that? My sister made my kids these great dress-up costumes. Isak and Lucy got matching dinosaur ones and Isak also got a leopard one. He's been wearing them quite a bit sense Christmas. Below he is trying to figure out how to shoot webs with his fingers while wearing the dinosaur costume.
We went to Kevin's Grandma Grimmett's for Christmas dinner and Lucy provided some entertainment for everyone by jumping on the table and clapping for herself. She cheers for herself often.

We went to my parents house Christmas night to open gifts and Isak got an Ironman Costume. Now he can be IronMan that Walks in the Snow. He was super excited. Lucy got a doll that she can take in the bathtub. We all had a great Christmas and it was nice to be able to share it with family.







No comments: