Monday, October 25, 2010


This past weekend was super busy. Kevin and I got a deal on some armoires they were moving out of the Red Lion in Richland (us and many other people) and we got them for $50. So Kevin and his cohorts who were also purchasing these spent most of Friday and Saturday morning hauling these incredible heavy things onto a trailer and then unloading them. I am going to probably refinish them, not because they need it, but more because I have 3 identical armoires and need to make them look diferent. Anyway, they are huge and very, very heavy. Above is Keivn and Reuben displaying their super awesome moving belts. They were both super sore on Sunday. I am thinking when we move again we might leave some of them with the house. Anyway, I will put some pictures up when I redo one of them.

Meanwhile, Lucy tried to pose for me before church on Sunday. It would've been great, except she was yelling "cheese!" at Kevin, not me. Today I was trying to pack, unsuccessfully, as Lucy was unpacking everything as soon as I turned around. And then Isak, bless his heart, thinks he is spiderman and can do "tricks". He climbed to the very top shelf in my closet and perched himself there. And then wanted me to close the door. He's very big into finding little hiding places these days and stowing himself away.


This, of course, made Lucy quite angry that Isak was up high and she couldn't reach him. She yelled and persisted until I sat her next to him. Meanwhile, nothing was getting packed.

This picture is quite distorted the more I look at it, Lucy is not that huge. I think that Isak was leaning back or something.

3 comments:

Leslie Anne said...

Come on Lena, we know how big your kids are. What I'm really wondering is how gigantic is that man next to Kevin?

Oh and Lucy's red coat is absolutely adorable.

Cassidy said...

This post made me laugh. Mostly, I think, because my kids are the exact same. The packing/unpacking, climbing, everything.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Horray for the sweater!!! It looks so cute on her :) Can't wait to see the armoires!! They sound cool.
Hope you enjoy your trip!!!