Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend we finally started to put sprinklers into our yard. This has been a huge project in the making and it didn't help we had to fill in a very deep pool and level out all the ground before we could even start. I think Kevin plans to work on it through the week...any volunteers?? This is one of the reasons I love my husband...I found this green vintage lazy-boy on a girls website in Walla-Walla (sorry Korbi, really I stole it from your facebook post :)). Now we have a similar, newer version of this chair only brown that my father-in-law gave to us when we got married when I promised I would eventually provide him with grandchildren. Really I just fell in love with it and wouldn't give it back so we compromised. To be fair, Isak's middle name is Robert. I have rocked and fed my babies in it, slept in it when I was pregnant or sick, and both my kids love to sit in it. So I was pretty darn excited at the thought of finding another chair similar to this one.
So when I told Kevin that I needed this chair but could in no way justify driving over an hour to pick up a 40 year old chair, he simply asked when I wanted to leave and said we could count it as our date night. He's a keeper I tell you. The chair is a little brighter than I thought but it reclines flat and is in excellent condition. I cannot see any wear in it at all, the only downside is that its not quite as comfortable as the brown one we have now. But my kids love it and I think I will eventually put it in Lucy's room. Its a great rocking chair!


Isak loves to go sit in the chopper with Kevin's dad and chop hay. He's gotten to do this a few times this season and always gets very excited.

We had some friends over for dinner tonight and I had the kids sit at their own table. From the sound of it, their conversation was much more interesting than ours. I heard snippets such as..."Do you have a dress too?" "My uncle paul gave me that air rifle. Do you have an Uncle Paul?" "I'm sorry I don't have any grass.Do you have grass?"
Yes, that last one was definitely from Isak. The other day he called kevin up on my phone and asked him to come home and put in some grass. This was all on his own, I thought it was pretty darn funny, I really don't know how he even managed to call him. Apparently my plees for a lawn are not going unnoticed.
I think I am going to break out of my anti-social shell and start having people over for dinner more often. Its a good way to get me to cook and clean my house and Isak apparently is desperate for someone other than Kevin and I to talk too.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love that it's Crystal's kids he's having a conversation with. Too cute. Wish I lived closer, so we could be in on the fun =-) The yard is looking much closer to being finished: hang in there!

susan said...

I believe that color is Grasshopper Green.