Monday, October 19, 2009

Theoretically, right now, I should be sleeping. It is Isak's nap time and he is sleeping and usually miss Lucy naps at the same time. But today she decided a 20 minute siesta was all she needed..so here I am, awake. She is trying to crawl/lunge herself all over the floor and I am going to update everyone since evidently, sleep is not a current option. Above is Lucy trying a popsicle, and below is her reaction. She got over the initial cold shock and ended up eating the whole thing. I'm not certain if 8 months olds are suppose to eat popsicles, but I''m beginning to think my kids eat a lot of stuff probably before they are suppose to. Anyway, she loved it and I'm guessing there will be war soon enough in our house with her brother over popsicles.
Not much has changed regarding our whole situation or with our house...we are in limbo at the moment and probably will be for some time. The whole thing is very frustrating and makes it difficult to feel settled when we will move at least a few more times probably before being anywhere for any length of time. I really miss having my kids little rooms that I can decorate and having a house I can hang pictures in and stick my half-made hand made crafts in. I miss having my own kitchen and being able to walk my kids through the neighborhood to the play equipment. I think the basic, everyday routine stuff that I took for granted is what I miss the most. Isak has had some difficulty with his bedtime routine and Kevin has been lying down with him everynight to get him to fall asleep. I'm guessing he's going to be out of sorts for a while and will just get used to it. Anyway, I think I hear a little knock at his door so I think he's awake. Below is another cute picture of Lucy and below that is a video of her trying to crawl/lunge. My next update will have pictures of Isak, I haven't had a chance to take any cute pictures of him between all of the lovely tantrums lately...





2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Cute! She's like a little inchworm trying to crawl around. You'll have to start baby proofing even more pretty soon as she becomes more mobile!!

We gave Josh a taste of a lime popsicle when he was about 8 months old just to see his reaction... it was pretty funny :)
Besides that we were pretty strict with what we gave him as a baby, and then with Claire we were totally lax. haha :)

Nuttymonkeymama said...

So cute!!! I'm glad you found people to go to the pumpkin patch with. I put Finn on the scale at baby and me class this morning.... He was fully clothed, and sometimes that scale is off a little. But in any event, it read 19 lbs, 14 ounces. The kid is growing so fast!!!!