Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'Da hooole mama, Da hoole"

Lucy playing with her toes, he new favorite activity
Funny story about Isak:
I was nursing Lucy yesterday afternoon and Isak was playing with a small pink bouncy ball that I'm pretty sure he stole from the neighbor girls. Anyway, he was bouncing it around and disappeared for a while. All the sudden he comes running up to me talking a mile a minute:

"Da hoole mama Da hoole! Da ball Mama Da ball! Bye Bye! Da hoole! "

Now Isak is notorious for putting things down our air vents..things like vomit, our toilet paper dispenser and who know what else that we will never find. He was using every word in his little vocabularly to tell me what happened. Since he was so distraught, I followed him and sure enough, he had thrown the ball down the air vent. And dispite my best efforts, it was not retrievable. He was very upset at this and kept pointing to vent repeating himself, "Da ball, Da ball, bye bye, Mama". I'm hoping he learned a good lesson but guessing this will happen again.







4 comments:

Jess Cahoon said...

We have that same problem at our house. Our latest loss was a green bouncy ball.

Crystal said...

How funny. I can't wait to see you guys next week.

Nana said...

That is so cute, I've seen him take the vent cover off here too, so we'll see if any thing is missing after you go. :)

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is funny. Isn't it hard for them to learn those lessons. I always feel really bad for them.