Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome to Suburbia

Well this past week Kevin started his job at the accounting firm here in Boise and I officially become a typical housewife. It feels very odd. Granted Kevin has been working while going to school and has left us home by ourselves all day on numerous occasions, but with him leaving at 730am and getting back at 530 everyday it just feels weird. We are succumbing to suburbia conformity and I am getting bored. I love Isak but at 15 months most of our activities consist of reading numerous books over and over and over again and going outside. Again. And again. I guess I need to come up with more stuff for us to do but he has the attention span of about 15 seconds. Kevin and I decided we needed to start teaching him about Jesus so I bought him the "little book about Jesus" at deseret book. He gets bored after about 2 pages so I started changing to words to describe the "2 bluebirds" and "3 little kids", intermixed with short phrases about Jesus. Hopefully something will stick.
This week also marks a monumental event in my life, after working for the past 2 years full time 12 hour night shifts I am going part time! Yeh! I have been waiting for this day for so long its hard to believe its actually here. I cut back my hours to 1/2 and work one day one week and 2 days the next. It works great with our schedules and I only have to find someone to watch Isak in the morning for a couple hours twice a month. I love my job but working all those nightshifts and trying to stay awake for Isak has taken its toll, especially now I'm pregnant. So now I have to find something to do with all this time I seem to have found on my hands. Usually I would sleep but strangely I only need one a nap a day now. Maybe I could start with cleaning my house.......


Isak has taken to climbing on everything. EVERYTHING. We have to shut all our bathroom doors or he will climb in the sinks and the bathtubs and turn on the water. Our bar stools are hidden in our pantry because he tries to climb up them onto our island in our kitchen. The desk chair cannot sit by the desk because then Isak will get onto the desk. All of our kitchen chairs are turned on their side or he will climb on the table. His favorite thing to do is jump from our little ottoman to the couch and back again. I swear my days are filled with keeping him alive. Good thing is head is so large and hard.

*Isak has started moving his little table to help him climb on things. The other night kevin kept moving it back and he would go find it and drag it back over. this happened about 5 or 6 times until finally we hid the table in the closet. He's certainly a determined little boy.

3 comments:

Korbi said...

ahahah! Now your furniture looks like my house. :)

Whitney R said...

That's too funny. He's really clever to figure that out though! You should be proud ;)

colleen said...

That's funny... reminds me of Kevin, only instead of trying to climb on things he was always trying to step off things at great heights.