Friday, September 12, 2008

Home for a visit

Isak and I traveled home to moses lake this past week. Here are some pictures of what we did.
Some of the beautiful pears we canned.
Isak playing the piano, his favorite activity.

New bear pajamas, courtesy of grandma.
Isak "helping" grandpa wash the car

I just got back from a visit home to see the family. Kevin flew to Fargo this week for some job training and I realized Isak and I would be on our own. So I decided to bravely make the trek to washington by myself and let someone help me chase my crazy child for a few days. The trip went amazingly well, we only had to stop once on the way there and on the way back. Mostly I threw food in the backseat and Isak amused himself by looking at his books at laughing to himself. It was pretty funny. I canned some pears with my mom and now have some beautiful jars for my pantry to add to my sad food storage stash. We also visited kevin's family and Isak was a big fan of the cats that he chased around and tried to sit on.


I am so tired as Isak decided to wake up at 5 am every morning we were there for some reason. I did get to take lots of naps though thanks to my wonderful parents who watched Isak so I could get some sleep. He has another tooth coming in on top so maybe thats why but crazy kid. Hopefully he sleeps normal hours now we're home. I'm excited that we get to be home for a while and hopefully no more big trips anywhere until Thanksgiving or Christmas.

2 comments:

Whitney R said...

His hair is so long!

I'm glad you were able to get a little break. Sounds like you had a good time! Canned food is the best :)

Victoria Gilbert said...

I'm so glad your trip went well!!! You never know when you're traveling with little kids...so unpredictable. That's sooo nice you were able to have lots of naps!!! That's what you need when you're pregnant!!!

Love you Lena :)