Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a crazy day

Isak and I got to spend a lot of quality time together this past week while Kevin was busy with school and his office. We discovered his halloween skunk costume in his closet and Isak loved the way the fur felt. He kept rubbing his head against it so I decided to see how it still fit.
Its kind of hard to close in the front and the hood doesn't fit at all but I had fun dressing him up.
We've really enjoyed having Mark and Lindsey here in Boise this summer, its been nice having family so close. Mark came over today and had dinner with us and tried to serve Isak as well....

So this is the story. I got off work this morning and went to sleep for a few hours prior to going to church. We were running a little late but we were still fine. As we got closer to the church, we realized the road had been blocked for this large "ironman" triathlon here in Boise. We tried to go around but it ended up taking us an extra 20 mins to get to church. So we got to sacrament meeting way late but Isak was suprisingly calm....we should've known. I got up to change his diaper once and came back in to sit down. About 2 mins later I felt something warm and slippery on his back. Well the crazy kid had completely pooped out of his diaper. He hadn't just leaked, chunks of poo were coming out (sorry if this is graphic) all down his brand new little white shirt and plaid shorts. He hasn't done this probably for a good 5 months. Too make matters worse, all of our diapers were in the car (across the street) and we had managed to forget wipes. Oh and a spare outfit. So after we scrounged up a diaper and cleaned him up, he ran around church in his diaper. Looking like some very well fed orphan child. So we decided to take him home, in his borrowed diaper, and put some clothes on the kid. What a day.

5 comments:

Whitney R said...

haha, funny, but I'm sure it wasn't too much fun. But, it will always make for a great story! I love the picture of him in his skunk costume, especially the one of the back of him. haha, it's adorable

Cassidy said...

I love it! I think we've all been there. Actually, it happened to me at Walmart and not church, so I just went and bought a new outfit and changed him in the bathroom. We've all been there. Kids and their timing. I can't believe Isaak's a year! Wow. Oh, and cute car! Mazda 3's are so fun to drive too!

Shavonne said...

Oh, that's a great story Lena, I can't belive the timing! How much time did you actually get at church-minutes? How awful and funny at the same time.

Emily Katlyn West said...

That's too funny, wait a minute. . . .Iron man Triathalon, and you weren't in it?. . . . well that's just crazy!

Oh and your Poop stories are no match for my iron cast stomach, so no worries here!

Kevin and Eliza said...

I love the skunk pictures. What a cute costume. The poop story is of course hilarious. I just love children's timing.