Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Conference Weekend


 The first weekend of October we had the opportunity to listen to General Conference. I was lucky to not have to work and just got to stay home be with our family which was awesome. To help the kids listen a little better this time, I found a game where I assigned a bunch of different words to various bowls of treats. When they  heard the word, they got to take a treat out of that bowl. Isak totally got this and enjoyed it, Lucy just started grabbing treats out of whatever bowl she wanted and in turn Isak would start yelling at her that she was doing it wrong. My intent was great....I think Lucy just needs to be a few years older...Anyway, I think Isak did listen better with it. We also made paper doll chains out of all the apostles and did some coloring. It was fun.

 And Lucy pulled out her wagon and spent most of conference giving her animals rides and lounging in it as best she could.
Edyn hung out and was her usual cute self, sans pants. Like how dirty my floor is? I am replacing that carpet this fall. White carpet is never, ever a good idea people. I don't know what they were thinking when they put that in!
Saturday morning we also did  5k that supported the fight against melanoma. Our friends were involved in putting on the event so I entered it and Isak also ran some of it as well. He did really great and was so excited for his race. He really wanted there to be obstacles and said, "I hope there isn't an arctic enema, mom!". That kid hears everything and forgets nothing. My dad was nice enough to walk with him as Isak started out sprinting the first 50 meters but needed some prompting to finish.

No comments: