Thursday, October 4, 2012

Boise State Game

Kevin and I traveled to Boise the end of September to attend the BSU vs BYU football game. I bought Kevin tickets for his birthday this summer and we have been dying to go back to a game. We haven't had a chance to go since we moved away three years ago. My brother and his wife were nice enough to take Isak and Lucy for the game and I elected to keep Edyn as she doesn't like anyone and take her to the game. Earlier that day I got to meet up with my friend Kim and her kids and it was so nice to be able to catch up! It made me miss living there and all the great people I knew. That combined with walking into the stadium surrounded by tons of orange and blue made me nostalgic for Boise!

 Edyn was pretty scared of the noise at first.. I should've brought her headphones but it never occured to me. She clung to Kevin or I and laid her head on us while I covered her ear against me. The first few times she cried then she started to do a lot better.

 By the second half, the noise wasn't phasing her too much and she was all smiles. She even let the very nice older gentleman we were sitting next too hold her without crying.

The game itself was ridiculous. Boise won but it was by far one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. Our offense wasn't even present and our kicker apparently was no longer useable after the first missed field goal. It was a tad frustrating to say the least but we pulled off the win, no matter how undeserved it was. Kevin and I had a ton of fun and I love the atmostphere of the stadium there. And the hand dipped corn dogs and mini doughnuts. Delicious.

No comments: