Monday, January 23, 2012



Lucy was pretty excited to find her sunglasses today. She insisted I wear mine as well and when she found I wasn't wearing them, she politely shoved them back on my face. It was kind of hard to do laundry this morning...
Can you find the almost 3 year old? It might be hard for a few reasons. For one, her crib resembles a small zoo and oh wait, what is that in her mouth? Oh yes, a pacifier. She never took one as a baby and I tried. Never had an interest and we never had to break her from it or go through any of that. So now I really can't understand why she loves the dang things so much and keeps stealing them from Edyn's baby stuff. She asks for it throughout the day, "Where my binkie go? I want my binkie!". I mean, seriously child? You are almost 3! I am trying to get her to sit on the potty once a day just to make an effort with the whole potty training thing and here she is wanting a pacifier! I am having to hide them from her which is hard considering the newborn in the house that actually uses them. I can't figure that kid out. She's just weird, and I mean that in the nicest mommy way possible. She eats play dough with a fork. I love her and she makes me laugh a whole lot, but oh my goodness. I hope her turning 3 will tone down the crazy a bit.
I am very lucky this week, my visiting teacher arranged dinner and somewhere for my kids to play almost everyday this week. I feel guilty as I am doing pretty darn good other than just tired and think I should be able to handle things but I am certainly not going to turn down a chance for a nap! Today they were gone for 3 hours and I felt like I was on a mini vacation. I got a nap and cleaned my house and sat and cuddled Edyn. It was awesome. And my kids loved being able to get out of the house and go play with their friends. I hope I am able to return the favor soon for someone else because it totally rocked!

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

haha play dough with a fork, eh? How very lady-like! Your kids are funny. Edyn is cute, and looking like some baby pics I remember of the other 2! Enjoy your "rest"! :)