Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Edyn Girl

Edyn at 4 days old. She loves to be awake between 2 and 6am. Likes to be held upright. Hardly ever spits up. Definitely a more delicate eater than her siblings, she might actually be average weight and height!
Likes to cuddle at night and will only sleep well if she is lying next to me. We are working on this because it is not very comfortable for me!
Since my mom has been here helping during the day, I have been spoiled with naptime everyday during Lucy's nap and Edyn just sleeps right along with me. It has been rather awesome. I have been amazed how good I feel after having her and how quickly I have recovered. Aside from being pretty lightheaded/dizzy over the past day or so which is apparently related to being dehydrated (I'm not convinced), I have been feeling good. I drink over 64oz of water alone during the day mainly because breastfeeding makes me so thirsty! And my dr. told me today to add another 32oz. Seriously? I will try but that is a whole lot of water!
Edyn went in for a quick checkup today at 5 days old and she is 7lbs 4oz, almost back to her birth weight. She is also pretty jaundiced so tomorrow she gets a biliblanket and gets to hangout like a glowworm for a while.
Isak has come around and has decided that he likes his little sister. Lucy has always been in love with her and really likes to hold her. It is so fun to watch them love her!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

She is so cute!

Victoria Gilbert said...

She is gorgeous :) And i love the pics of the kids holding her! So sweet! Sorry she has to be a glowworm for awhile. She really does have a perfect little head though! And I love her bum chin! Hope you keep getting your naps. :)