Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A baby (excuse me, small toddler) holding a bottle. Perhaps not that unusual of a sight for most people. But at our house this is a major occurence. It is probably my fault for not training her to do this earlier, but she has always refused to hold her own bottle or sippy cup. Especially if she can find someone to do it for her. She will usually put her arms at her sides and will go limp and yell if you try to make her hold it herself. She has a hard time holding it up high enough to get anything out of it. Anyway, the past few days I 've been laying her down and having her feed herself her bottle and today she toddled over and handed it to me when she was finished. Too bad she's going to be weaned in like a month. We are LOVING this warm weather and have been spending lots of time outside. I got out the sprinkler and the kids loved running in and out of it and using it to shoot bubbles.
I just wish my backyard didn't have a ginormous gaping hole in it so we could use that instead of parading around my front yard for all of the town to see. This brings me to that lovely yellow piece of machinery you see in the background. This has been lovingly parked in my yard for about 3 weeks now in preperation for the grand pool filling in process. So far, it has sat in my yard as an eye-sore and no dirt filling in has gone on. We have been very busy with wedding, family, and kevin studying for his CPA. My new goal is to have our backyard useable by Isak's birthday. I'm not hopeful.

I was planning on selling this on craigsist, however, Isak has adopted it as his new seat. I think I should hide more toys and bring them out months later, they would be way more popular. This morning I woke up with Lucy and managed to get her back to sleep at around 630. Because Kevin has needed to study so much for his test, I decided to go for my run this morning so he wouldn't have to take time out of his day later for me to go. When I returned at 10 till 8, I full expected the kids to be awake and eating breakfast. Oh no, they were both fast asleep in their beds...which is exactly what I could've been doing, had I stayed home. My kidsnever, never sleep in together..especially till 8. That is unheard of in our house. I was so mad. Dang running. Perhaps luck will strike twice today and I will get to nap.



No comments: