Sunday, April 18, 2010

This week was filled with family who came up for lindsey's wedding and then headed up to Washington for a visit. It went by really fast and our days were packed...I'm not sure all we got accomplished, but I am sure tired. It was a lot of fun though! We ate pizza at Chico's and Isak and Josh scored from quarters from grandma so they got to ride some super cool games... We headed out to the dairy for some pictures and to visit the cows. Isak kept telling me he wanted to smell them and today kept asking to go see them again. Their smell is definitely memorable for sure. We even got a cool picture in the loader bucket (my idea) and got to feed some baby cows.


We also had this great idea of trying to take a picture of all the kids together in the cotton seed...this was not such a great idea. Lucy kept running away, Claire was climbing up the side, Isak was woken up from his nap and super groggy, and no one would look at the camera.


The cows were all afraid of us. My kids could never be models...way too uncooperative.

Isak wasn't too sure about this...Lucy also tried to feed the cow a bottle. Similar to herself, the cow also cannot hold its own bottle. I believe the irony was lost on her.

Lindsey's reception in Washinton was Friday night. She had a really awesome cake. Didn't it turn out cool??

Conner discovered he loved to be pulled on a sled outside in the grass. He would go and sit in it and wait for someone to come pull him. We gave him and lucy a ride together..such cheap fun. If only we could all be so easily entertained.


My daughter LOVES dirt. She really likes the taste of it and I am constantly pulling it out of her mouth when we are outside. We went out to the farm to take pictures and I spent the whole time pulling rocks and mud out of her mouth. Perhaps she has some nutritional deficiencies. Or she just likes to eat it. Whatever.
Isak and Josh on the swather. We are going to miss everyone, it was tons of fun. Back to the daily grind of our boring lives. But on brighter note, I found out that my bestest friend is moving to Othello! What are the chances??! I am super excited that I have someone else to share this desolate land with and to spray paint random garage sale furniture with. It will be awesome.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Can I come visit you and Crystal and go eat at Chico's? I have been craving it so bad. There is no pizza that compares. It's just too different. I'm glad Crystal will be there soon to console you. Who's going to move to small town, NC and console me about living 30 minutes from real shopping?