Sunday, January 10, 2010

Moving update

Wow, I have not blogged in a very long time. Let me name all of my excuses...Isak, Lucy, we moved, new calling, no internet, and oh wait...I have a job too. So putting those all aside, here I am. We spent our first night in the house last Thursday. We managed to get some stuff painted and unpacked before moving in but it is still a complete disaster. The last time we moved Isak was just learning how to walk and I remember it being much more manageable. Isak is constantly wanting to "help clean up the ew's" and we have other tools lying around from cutting various trimwork. I'm trying to just focus on one room at a time but unfortunately I still have to live in ALL the rooms so this isn't working very well. The house needs some work but it is all liveable and I think it will be really nice when we finish moving in. Isak "helping" me clean up the "ew"/sawdust from cutting baseboard. Yes, it is a complete disaster in the background. I have no shame.
Kevin's aunt Lori made Lucy this very adorable hat. She was very tired when I took this picture and not wanting to smile. It also has two pom pom things on top. Its vey warm.
I was just telling kevin we needed to get rid of this thing since we're not having any more kids for a while and its rather cumbersome. Apparently Isak decided he could still get some use out of it..although he got stuck on his way out. This is his "bue payroom" that he tells me about all the time. He really can't say his "L's", perhaps this is why he refuses to say Lucy's name still...


3 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

Haha. Lucy's face is classic! I'm so happy for you that you are finally moving and getting situated. Don't worry about not getting everything done. Ty and I still haven't fully unpacked the office and we don't have any of the distractions you have. :)

Crystal said...

I am so happy you are finally in your house! I got your card today and serioulsy lena you write the best poems.

Cassidy said...

That's so funny because I was just thinking I needed to get rid of my bouncer and it's the SAME one as yours! haa. Carter loves to get in it too. Kids.