Saturday, January 30, 2010

Isak happenings







For those of you wondering, just what I do all day, here's a brief synopsis, sans Lucy girl, of how Isak and I get along alll the day long. We do laundry, as he gets a free ride in the hamper from bathroom to the laundry room. (our new hamper as wheels...I know, super luxurious.)
We usually do some kind of "art time" when Lucy is napping, that involves play dough or coloring or me cutting out stuff for him. Really, its whatever he decides he's in the mood for that day. I bought some craft supplies at wal-mart today, pom pom balls and popsicle sticks, maybe we'll create something with them next week. (can you tell I'm not crafty at all? I think construction paper and glue sticks are pretty awesome).

We play "Isak Robot", yes, that is my red colander on his head. He is starting to be really fun and wanting to dress up and play pretend. I guess this means I should break out the sewing machine again and get crackin. The other day he was also "fying" around my living room with his superman cape on. He will also, on occasion, decide he wants to try out the potty chair. I've decided not to make potty training a battle and just wait till he's ready. We will probably start this summer. I'm in no big rush and would rather it take a week or two than 6 months. This is my theory, anyway, so I guess we'll see if he's ready this summer or not. Anyway, on this particular occasion, he wanted his hopdog, iphone, sippy cup, and also the "white gun" on the floor, but it wouldn't fit...
When he does use the potty chair, he gets a lifesaver. I know, life is super exciting around here.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

How cute! Life sounds a lot like ours-maybe we should live by each other.

Kevin and Eliza said...

How fun. Hey you are way farther than us on the potty training. Way to go. I like how you do something fun with him while the other one is sleeping. I should follow your example.