Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Alright, here is a quick update of what we did this week. Isak scored himself a "bubble machine gun" at the store for sitting well while I did grocery shopping (judge if you must, bribes work and no, I have no idea how he knows what a machine gun is). He spent most of next hour running around the house in a daze. I worked all weekend (yuck) but am finally off orientation and am now flying on my own. Hopefully it goes well, I'm excited but a little scared too.I made airplane pancakes with molds that kevin's aunt sent us a few christmases ago. There's a trolley, plane and train. I'm still figuring out how to use them correctly, but my sad attempt at least made Isak happy. And I even snuck in some blueberries for some extra antioxidants. Isak has insisted on wearing the color blue for the past 4 0r 5 days and refers to himself in the 3rd person as the "blue guy". The "blue guy wants to eat" or "the blue guy wants to take a nap now", luckily he has lots of blue pajamas and shirts or else I might be in trouble. He also refers to kevin and I in whatever color we are wearing...the pink guy, the green guy, etc. Still calls Lucy "baby" but will now also occasionally call her "the pink guy". I think this might be progress, can't tell yet.


Also trying to work with Isak on telling people his name...he knows the letters in his name, knows his colors, and can count reasonably well but for the life of him will not tell you his name. I'm guessing this will change eventually, probably when he sees a purpose behind it.Lucy is getting some more teeth and is a very whiny, snotty mess. She has been sleeping well though which is good since Isak still has yet to sleep though the night since we moved. Today I put up a blue canopy over his bed (we bought it at Ikea a couple years ago for cheap) and told him it was his blue fort. I told him it would keep him safe at night and that he didn't need to come get dad. He looked at me very serious and kept repeating "the bue fort keep me safe, don't need to go get my dad" over and over again. WHen I laid him down for his nap today, he said it again to me. So funny, hopefully it works but I'm not holding my breath.


Kevin has started studying for his CPA exams again which means he's gone till 8pm 3 nights a week. We have been dealing with this by bugging my parents and traveling down the street to visit "sam's house" (kevin's mom's cat). And they are probably getting away with more as the day weans on but oh well. Our life is gradually getting less chaotic and more organized, we're getting more moved in and stuff is being put away. I finally got a new vacuumn (so exciting) and no longer have to sweep the carpet. I am trying to train for a half-marathon in pullman in march, it helps me keep my sanity to run a little each day. Other than that, we have Lucy's one year b-day coming up in a couple weeks...can hardly believe she's going to be one...where oh where did the time go??



4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

When you get Isak to sleep through the night please share your secrets! Cambree just started coming into our room almost every night, it is driving me nutso!

Ty Robbins said...

That's so adorable. "The Blue Guy". Haha. So, I guess his favorite color is blue. I hope Lucy gets through her teething well. That's always a bummer.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Did the tent work? Too funny about calling people by the color they are wearing. Wow you sound busy. I don't know how you do everything you do.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Lena, I really like your clock! Did you add those words, or did it come that way? So funny how Isak refers to everyone by the color they're wearing... haha :) Must mean he knows all his colors, so that's encouraging! And yes, Lucy's first year went so quick! I can't believe that she and conner are going to be 1, and we haven't even met them. Can't wait till April :)
ps. your new house looks big!