Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wisconsin Trip

Long time, no post. Blogspot has been giving me alot of problems with uploading pictures so I randomly got lucky with these. I spent the last week of August with my sister in Madison, WI with her family and my dad who was kind enough to help me fly with two little kids. I only get to see her about once a year so it was alot of fun to get the cousins together and spend some time together. Her little boy Caleb is a year older than Isak and they got along really well. Below is a picture of Caleb "hugging" Isak.
We also decided to run a half-marathon together. We've ran races together before only its a been about 3 years and 2 children ago. The Madison mini marathon was the weekend I was visiting and I thought this would be a great motivator to help me get back in shape. This is us the morning before the race. I might also mention that my sister is faster than I am despite the fact she just had a baby in June. I believe that she is probably a little crazy and this is what helps her be a great runner, so I am okay with being a little slower.
This is us after the race. I actually finished in the time I wanted to so I was happy with my results. They started handing us random food as we finished, like muffins, potato chips, bananas, trail mix, and cheese crackers. I could barely stand up and they were shoving weird food in my face. But it was a really good distance, much easier than a full marathon. I might do another one this fall to keep my spirits up. All the grandchildren who are boys. Martin is 8 (oldest) then Caleb (3), Isak (2) and Reed who is just 3 months. Aren't they cute?



My dad with all the grandkids. It was incredibly hard to pose all these kids together for a picture let alone get them to look at the camera. This was about the best we could do.

We also went to an amusement/water park while we were there and Isak got to go on his first carnival ride. He rode in the little fish with his head down the whole time and I'm not sure he really enjoyed it but he didn't cry. His favorite was the choo choo train that rode in circles and the little fire engine that went up in the air (da bus go high, da bus go high). We rode those about 4 times a piece.
Isak going down the little waterslide. They had four small pools there with different toys and depths. One was just a wave pool that was heated. It had simulated waves over and over again and Isak thought this was great fun.

Valerie and I at the park. It was very overcast and about 65 degrees which made swimming quite cold but luckily the kids didn't care.




Lucy and Reed in the stroller. I think I need to get a double stroller because my kids rode pretty well in this one.
Lucy and Reed in their carseats. Reed was blessed while we were down there and Martin was also baptized so it was pretty cool that I got to be there for that. It was also Martin's 8th birthday and we had a party for him. In fact, he had this really nice birthday cake on Saturday that was a tampered with by my son. My dad was watching my two kids while I was running the race and he was feeding Lucy when it happened. Isak is really good at pulling stuff off of counters and he also loves cake. He pulled the birthday cake off the counter and "brought" it to my dad and said "want this?" Needless the say, the cake didn't really look the same after that but it was repaired.

Isak and Caleb spending some time in the stroller together. We had a tons of fun and I think I might have almost convinced Valerie to move back within driving distance someday.




No comments: