Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Changes and football

Change. I really hate it, yet its all we've experienced since we've been married. With school and job changes we have moved many times and been in many different homes. Upon moving into our home we are currently in, I assumed we would be done for a while. I got comfortable, and that was my first mistake. I have learned that often times we when get comfortable some where, that probably means its time to change things up again so we can grow. I really dislike this fact but have grown to realize its truthfullness. So here we are. I have a great job, a beautiful home, wonderful neighbors and friends, and a very nice ward. And...guess what? We're leaving it all to move back to the desert and the land of one grocery store and no Target. That's right people, Kevin is moving us back to Othello. He took a new job there and we are moving the end of September. Shocked? So soon? Yes, tell me about it, or rather tell Kevin since all he's been hearing is my whining.
We (as hard as it is to admit this) feel very strongly that this is what's right for our family and that somehow it will all work out. Its a huge leap of faith and mostly everyone we have told looks at us like we are completely nuts. Its going to be a rough next few months (or year) but it will be okay and we will come out stronger. I'm trying very hard to have a good outlook and see all the positive things. Like, we're not homeless, we are not unemployed, we have food, we are all healthy, we have lots of family and friends, and we have the gospel that is same no matter where you go.
Below is a picture of Lucy just being very cute.
This is us in front of our lovely home. Anyone looking for a great house in southwest Boise?
This past week Kevin and I were lucky enough to get tickets and attend the Boise State/Oregon game. Aunt Colleen also came down from Portland to attend it with us and stayed for a few days to visit. It was tons of fun and we are very glad she made it all the way to Boise this year without any mishaps! Boise, of course, won and it was an awesome game. Perhaps the most memorable part happened after the game when an Oregon played punched a Boise player in the jaw after the player had been taunting him. They replayed it on the jumbotron screen about 10 times in slow motion. It was like a hockey game all rolled up in a football game! It was very exciting. I love college football and I especially love living in a town where the team wins games. Don't we look great in our matching orange attire?

Isak is going through a stage where he loves to "help the momma" and "help the dad". Really, he loves to sit on the counter next to the kitchen aid while I mix up cookie dough or brownie batter and stick his fingers in the bowl. He also loves to help me vacuumn and sweep. Below is a video of one of the great ways Isak "helps" me.


4 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

Wow! Othello huh? That is crazy, but it will turn out great. And at least you'll be closer to family. That should be pretty great. Good Luck with everything!

Crystal said...

Lena it will be great. HOpe the packing and everything is going better. I wish we were coming with you. Oh and I love the picture of you and Kevin.

Katie said...

Wow. Othello. Crazy but good. I picture some excellent blog posts in the future. Don't worry, I'm stuck in small townsville, too, and it's not too bad once you adjust. (The adjustment may take awhile, though.) I ditto Crystal's remark: I also love the picture of you and Kevin! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

When Elijah was that age I bought him a toy broom and vacuum. He is still cleaning.