Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Here we go..,...

Lucy and I at a park
Well here we are. We made the big move on Sunday after I got off work and had slept a little while. My parents were kind enough to come down on Friday and help us finish packing, cleaning, and were a big help watching the kids. So far we have survived, I just really miss Boise and my friennds and my lovely house. We are staying with kevin's parents for the time while our house sells and everything settles. They have been extremely generous letting us stay with them and my children wrecking havoc in their home. I'm not sure it will ever be the same when they are done with it...

I drew the short straw when it came to driving arrangements up to Washington. Kevin drove the car with the trailer, my mom drove our jeep, and I drove with my dad in my parent's car in the backseat between both kids. Needless to say, it called for some ice cream which Isak thoroughly enjoyed.

Lucy has discovered she really likes watermelon. We give it to her cut up in tiny pieces or let her gnaw on a rind with some fruit left on it. It makes her extremely sticky but she loves the stuff!


I was successful in finding an okay park here. The first one I went to had boards on the ground that had fallen out of the bottom of play toy and there were nails sticking up everywhere. There was also broken plastic and some other things that made it rather scary. My parent's town about 20 minutes from here also has some really neat parks so I think we should be fine.




Lucy being very excited about living at grandma's house. Her and Isak really love it because they have twice as many people to play with them and a yard to go out and play in. Also, Isak has scored himself a new kitty that his grandma is taking him to pick out right now. Hopefully that outing goes well, Isak was very excited and kept asking for the "kikis".




I've been wanting to try foam curlers for a while and Kevin so nicely picked some up for me the other night at wal-mart. Aren't they cute? She's got these 3 little tight curls on top of her head and they are ever so precious.
Below is Lucy's newest trick, the head bob. She does it whenever she's excited and will also mimic you if you do it to her. Unfortunately it also makes her lose her balance....



Kevin's job is going well so far and its really nice having him work only 4 blocks away. We get to see a lot more of him this way which is nice. Right now we are just taking it a day at a time and enjoying being near family. We will keep everyone updated!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I LOVE Lucy's outfit. The head bob is a pretty great trick. I hope that the new cat goes well. Perhaps I will sew Isak a cat suit so he can match his new pet for halloween.

Cassidy said...

I love it when the babies start doing fun mimmicking (sp?). I'm with you and Othello. Bo keeps trying to hint to me he'd like to end up back in Othello. Unfortunately for him I'm not as nice as you are. But I'd like to think I'm fair, I am equally as opposed to ML. haha. Still. . . don't be surprised if someday we're there too. . .

Monte and Brittany said...

its sad you guys are gone!!! we miss you guys already! and were glad your surviving!! :)

Whitney R said...

oh man, I'm still laughing at her noggin bobbin. My favorite part was the last few seconds. She is so cute! And is sitting up so well! My heavens...