Sunday, May 18, 2008

Races, Pest Control, and Green Rooms

We finally got done painting Isak's room. Its a lovely "croccidile smile" color of green. I still have lots of other things I want to do with it, but we have the paint done!
Isak loves pest control. This is his team mascot t-shirt I made him for the summer.
Isak was eating lunch and leaned over to our island and stuck this paper towel on his head. He left it here for 5 minutes. I think he forget it was there, because he won't let me anything on his head. It was pretty funny. Weird little baby.
I ran the famous Idaho Potato Marathon this past Saturday, I did the 10 k race (6.1 miles) and it was really fun! I got an awesome t-shirt, apparently it was their 30th anniversary, and a baked potato when I finished. Its the first race I've done since Isak was born almost a year ago. Its my "kick-off" for my marathon training for Mesa Falls in August that my sister and I plan to run together at our family reunion. I'm bound and determined to run it because I've done it before and know that I I should be able to do it again!

I love running for a lot of reasons but one of my favorites is seeing all the different types of people at the races. I saw a girl wearing pearls and a pink ipod and another man wearing long black tube socks and jean shorts. I thought this was weird until I realized that they are still out their running/walking so they deserve some credit. I also learned that just because you wear matching singlets and shorts doesn't mean your fast. It just means you match.


5 comments:

Whitney R said...

Good for you Lena! Runnin and all. I want to at least run the half marathon at Mesa Falls, not sure if I can, though. I love Isaks green room, I want to do ours green too, and in the picture with his paper towel(which is rather funny), his wings are rather prominent

Korbi said...

I was playing catchup on your blog and I love the color of Isac's room! ANd I must comment on hoe incredible amazing Lena is.... I WALKED to the mailbox last week :)

Mike and Lisa said...

ooo...I REALLY like that green color. Very cute.

Katie said...

I still don't get the obsession, but I'm so proud of you!

Monte and Brittany said...

i love the room. it looks great!! i cant wait for Isak's birthday party this weekend.
oh i have a picture of Isak on my blog!! :) see ya saturday!