Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Isak!!

(Post Haircut Isak)..the wings are gone
What a busy week we've had! Isak's birthday was on Friday, he turned 1 year old. I can't believe how the time has flown and how big my little baby is. He loves to eat and most of all go outside and play in the sprinklers and mud puddles. He can say "mama" and mostly babbles to us like he is having a conversation we can understand. He's been walking for a couple months and has now taken to climbing on everything he can find. We love being his parents.






Isak loved his cake. As you can tell, I'm not much of a cake decorator but Isak did not seem to mind. He knew exactly what to do and dug right in. The cake is suppose to be a frog in case you can't tell.....











These are some pics from Isak's first haircut. Next time kevin and I will cut it but we wanted somebody who knew what they were doing to start us off on the right foot...








We thought 16 was just too long to wait for Isak to get a car so..happy birthday! Actually, Kevin and I have been in desperate need of a second car for a while and took the chance on Saturday when we had multiple baby sitters to go find one. Its a little Mazda-3. My favorite part is that the whole dashboard lights up red and night and it flashes "hello" to me when I turn it on..

Isak loved opening all of his toys. I was suprised how intent he was on playing with each one but he did a great job of being a grateful baby and using all of his new toys.

Isak had a fun birthday and now has an outside and indoor lawn mower. Along with numerous other toys and a new favorite stuffed bear he has taken to sleeping with. We loved having all of our family here to celebrate with us and had tons of fun!

3 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

his birthday party was so much fun. thanks for inviting us.. and i LOVE your new car.. jealous!! lol

Victoria Gilbert said...

Hey girl!! good talking to you today :) Your pics are really cute of Isak's b-day. And yes, I can tell it's a frog! Good job on the cake. His haircut looks good, but I think I will miss seeing the wings. Love ya girly :)

Shavonne said...

Isak is so cute in those pictures, with or without wings! The cake was really cute, and I knew it was a frog. You did good with it! Happy Birthday Isak!