Monday, April 28, 2008

A little BBQ...


We had some friends over yesterday after church for a little get together and to show off the house now that mostly everything is put away. We thought we would have a BBQ because the weather has been so nice. So I dutifully gave kevin a list to go shopping Saturday night because I had to work. Around came sunday afternoon and Kevin started trying to lite the BBQ. Now, we have this ancient super cheap $20 charcol bbq that we aquired in Rexburg and haven't gotten around to replacing it. It functions fine but just looks awful. Apparently we forgot liter fluid for the thing and kevin was trying to use my hairspray and an empty pear can to light the coals. After about 20 mins, we decided it wasn't going to work so rather than breaking the Sabbath and going to the store (which kevin considered), we set up our George foreman grills out side on some milk crates. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the set up but it was quite amusing with the smoking charcol bbq, red can of "big sexy hairspray", metal cans, and several stacked milk crates with little grills plugged into an outside outlet. It actually turned out pretty tasty and kevin had to leave for a meeting so I didn't bother cleaning it up just yet. Then come our brand new neighbors who we haven't met yet who our buiding a house right next door. I was mortified as to what they would think of their "trashy" neighbors who like to pretend to grill outside with pear cans and hairspray. I made kevin go out and clean it up and it turned out okay. And if they do think we're a little weird they didn't say anything so they're probably glad there will be a fence between us..They are a really nice young couple who are just out of college, in fact her husband is a nurse so I am very excited to have them next door!

Kevin plays with Isak a little more dangerously than I do. He's a great dad, I'm just much more um cautious. Hence why Isak thinks kevin is tons more fun to play with. We really don't let Isak play with fire, I made him put the lighter away after I took this video. I just thought it was funny how much Isak laughed at the fire. We'll see how funny I find it about 5 years from now when he's lighting my flowers on fire outside....

1 comment:

Shavonne said...

That is so funny! I can just picture Kevin trying to light the BBQ with the hairspray, and the work going into that. Glad the foreman's finally did the job though. And that's a cute video with Isak laughing at the fire