Thursday, April 17, 2008

Birthdays, Family, and Dirt



So I haven't written in a few weeks...I don't know how people can post blogs every few days. I'm lucky if I can get a shower. Usually I end up playing catch up and then vowing to do better only to do the same thing a few weeks later. We are really enjoying our new house and all the space. I'm not so much enjoying cleaning 3 bathrooms or all the vacuumning but such is life. Isak loves to play outside in our yard, rather the empty lot next door with all the dirt. Yesterday he decided to try to eat the dirt for the first time and before I could stop him he was shoveling it into his mouth in fistfuls. I swear we feed him, sometimes it seems like all this kid does all day everyday is eat but apparently he also enjoys the taste of dirt. We've had lots of visitors this past week and its been really fun. My mom came and saw us during her spring break and my little brother Mark came too. It was nice to have extra hands to entertain Isak! Whitney just left this morning and came up for a couple days to visit and see the house. Its so much fun now that we have a place for everyone and can actually give people a place to sleep!
































We had my birthday on the 6th and kevin made me this wonderfully delicious chocolate cake with strawberries in it. I worked the night before so we just had a quiet day at home and watched some conference. I got an Ipod and am very excited as the mini disc player I have been sporting while running for the past 3 years is getting a little old. Isak had some practice eating the cake in preperation for his birthday next month. He's really good at getting messy but not so great at getting any into his mouth yet....

2 comments:

Suzie Koskella said...

Hey Girlie! Happy Late birthday! I am glad that you are enjoying your new house! How can you not miss the lovely Apartments!! :) Email me at koskellafamily@gmail.com with your email so I can add you to my readers list!

Unknown said...

Happy Be-Lated - Impressive Cake Kevin! What is your blog address so I can add you to my list?! And where is Lindsey these days?