Saturday, June 6, 2015

Isak's Baptism

 My Isak was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ tonight of Latter Day Saints.  In our church when kids turn 8 they get to make the decision to be baptized.. Isak has been so excited for this day especially when he found out he will get his own membership number and can start doing his own family history work.
 We bought him his own set of scriptures with his name engraved on the outside with a case in hopes that they won't get lost.  Kevin and I each wrote out our testimonies and tucked them inside his case.  I'm sure in a few years or so he might more fully appreciate those.  My mom picked out his cute suit for him and well, he's pretty darn handsome.


 Isak asked me to speak on baptism for the program and at first I was a little nervous. We have stake baptisms here and there were four kids total getting baptized which means a lot of people in the chapel.  I tried to point out to him that any grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, dad could speak as well and he was insistent that I was the one to give the talk.
 My back is still having issues although getting better and I was worried if I would be able to stand up for that length of time and do what I needed to do.  Of course, with some prayers and an amazing doctor who gave me a house call today, I was able to follow through with it.  It was a great experience and I loved that I could directly talk to the kids at their level and make it as simple as possible. Much less intimidating when you realize you're really just speaking to four 8 year olds and not a bunch of adults.

Isak had his foot stick up the first time he was immersed in the water so he had to be dunked twice, poor kid. And he said that water wasn't very warm! Watching Kevin be able to baptize then confirm Isak was one of the best days of my life. Knowing he holds his priesthood worthily and that my son is willing and wanting to go through this covenant and receive the Holy Ghost just made it super sacred and special for me.  So thankful my parents and Kevin's parents, and kevin's grandma could be there as well as Kevin's brother's family and other friends.
 I love that Grady and Isak who are essentially cousins (technically 3rd cousins but we call them cousins), were able to be baptized on the same day and that Kevin and Todd were able to baptize them. Pretty fun!

I love this wild crazy family of ours, even Edyn with her wild just woke up hair that I didn't have time to fix and we just went with it.  So grateful that they are ours forever and so proud of Isak today!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel bad that I missed the baptism. I am so proud of your little smartie!!!

If you want to look at my blog I have updated it. nobabynews.blogspot.com or my food one at beyondfoodisfamily.blogspot.com

Love you guys!!