Friday, June 21, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

 Memorial Day weekend I was lucky enough to not have to work so we enjoyed the long weekend hanging out at home and going to the local moonlight parade where my parent's live. I have great memories of going to that parade growing up and marching with my flute in the junior high band. I was so cool.
 My kids all loved the parade and I thought Lucy was going to hyperventilate she was so excited. "MOM! MOM! LOOK! A HORSE! ITS A HORSE! AHH! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL!!". Yes, repeat that about 20 times for everything she saw and every princess and princess float. It was a pretty fun parade and lasted about an hour and a half. My favorite was the dancing horses that do all these different trots, it was pretty cool.
 We saw the baby cows on Monday out at the dairy as it has been at least 6 months or so since we've been out there. Edyn was very excited about the cows and was running around and laughing at them.  She kept saying, "Wow, look at that!" over and over. That's her favorite phrase these days. She didn't even mind when the cows started licking her and tried feeding them some hay.


 Isak's favorite part every time of visiting the dairy is jumping in the cottonseed. There is a giant pile of it that they mix in with the cows feed and the kids love to roll down it and jump around. It gets everywhere and Edyn's diaper was FULL of cottonseed when we got home.

 We visited Kevin's grandparents' grave as well and put some flowers on it that we picked.  They were great people and I wish they could've stuck around a while longer while we were living here so they could've known my kids.


 And Edyn discovered a new trick on the way home
 which she thinks is hilarious. This must come from the Gilbert side...



No comments: