Friday, June 21, 2013



 A couple weeks ago I made some freezer strawberry jam. I've done this a few years now and this was the best its ever turned out. I only did about 10 jars and plan to do some more strawberry as well as peach later this summer. It tastes WAY better than store bought jam and I like that I can put less sugar in it. And I think I may actually have learned how do it correctly so now my kids will eat the jam in 6 months when I pull it out of the freezer!
For family home evening a couple weeks ago Kevin and I had an all inclusive "safety" lesson discussing the dangers of canals, talking to strangers, knowing our phone number and address, not getting in a car with strangers, etc.  This was very much right up Isak's alley and he kept asking us about what our plan was for an earthquake or more importantly, if the dam broke.  In fact, we spent the next week after discussing our safety plan and where we would go if we had a tornado. Pretty sure that kid's brain never shuts off.  We had some role play and Kevin was pretending to be stranger and asked the kids if they would get in his car.  We told the kids they needed to yell no and run away as fast as they could and tell an adult. If anyone grabbed them, we told them to scream as loud as they can and to kick and punch as hard as they could. So Lucy totally blindsided Kevin and punched him pretty hard in the kidneys and I think Isak slapped him in the face. I think they got the point but I'm a little worried the next time one of friend's has to put my kids in their car....
 
We then took the kids to our running/bike trail in town that runs along the canal and let them ride their bikes. They also have some outdoor exercise bars with different suggested exercises that my kids were excited to try out.


 Edyn rode in her car for a little bit then wanted to push it most of the way.  Afterwards we went to Fruitaletas and got ice cream and smoothies. I love summer!

No comments: