Monday, June 3, 2013

Lucy and Edyn

 I took the girls in for their well-child check ups the beginning of May. Edyn turned 15 months last month and Lucy for her 4 year old check up.  I thought taking both in at once wouldn't be a big deal till they told me that  Edyn needed two shots and Lucy needed four. It was a bit of a challenge trying to console both at once but they both did great and were pretty much done crying by the time we left the clinic. Lucy was super brave and the nurse gave her 4 stickers which she carried with her the whole rest of the day. I also got her an ice cream sundae on the way home and then she promptly fell asleep for 3 hours. So here are their stats:

Edyn:  Height 31 3/4" (75%)
          Weight: 25 lbs 8oz (83%)
           Head:  18" (90%)
                                    Lucy:  Height:  47 3/4" (WAY off the chart, >100%)
          Weight:  49lbs (100%)

I have some tall girls! Lucy has always been tall, it will be fun to see if she stays that way or if she stops growing in the like the 5th grade. My doctor is this tiny petite Filipino lady and she commented to Lucy, "You're almost as tall as me!".  The biggest challenge we have ran into (besides her growing out of her clothes and shoes faster than I can buy them) is people tend to think she's older than she is and therefore expect her to act older. She's still just 4 and still acts very much like she is only 4. She still naps on almost a daily basis and getting her to be more independent with things is a daily struggle. Edyn is about two pounds heavier than Lucy was at that age and a tiny bit taller, she's built more like Isak. I just love her chunky baby legs and cheeks. She's at such a fun age and she is starting to talk more and want to do things like her older siblings.

No comments: