Monday, August 27, 2012

1st Day of School

 Isak started Kindergarten today. He scootered to his class and I dropped him off. I made his little lunch in his dinosaur lunch box. I may have cried multiple times. I came home and stared at Lucy and thought, "what the heck am I suppose to do with 2 little girls all day?". Lucy is quite happy to do her own thing and much more laid back then Isak ever was. She just wants to read books and have dance/singing parties all day. And both kids still nap. So I got a nap today too! It was almost magical. But I did miss my Isak. All day is a long time to be gone when you're only five! He had a great first day and informed me that most of the kids in his class spoke English so he was able to make friends with all of them. But he did seem a little tired and cranky tonight. It will take some adjusting and lots of early bedtimes.

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

It's hard to believe that Isak and Claire are old enough! I'm having a hard time this week without her and Josh around. But it's good for our other kids to get some more attention too. I love his backpack :)