Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beginning of June

 WOW. I am so behind on my blog. I blame it on a giant kitchen renovation that left me internetless for a while and Kevin being gone for 8 days in the middle of June. So I will try to recap as much as I can remember. Kevin left to Anaheim for 8 days for work and his brother Nathan and his wife Stephanie were up here for part of that time. Nathan happened to have some work in Spokane that overlapped Kevin being gone so for a few days, Steph and I hung out together husbandless and tried to survive. Did I mention that I rely on Kevin quite a bit so having him gone was kind of a big deal? I'll freely admit that he helps me a lot a ton with our kids so when I have to do everything by myself, I am exhausted. Anyway, while Steph was here, Kevin's mom was gone helping with a new baby so we took over her house and did meals and all that as well. We made some delicious pumpkin bread, pictured above, that was way yummy even if my pic doesn't do it justice.
 We made a few batches of kool-aid playdough that the kids loved to play with and jab random kitchen utensils into.
 Steph, Lucy and I all got our haircuts although Lucy's was by far the most traumatic. She has lovely thick blonde hair but she really doesn't like it combed and its a very big deal everyday when I have to fight her to brush her hair. So I decided to chop it for the summer and its been great every since. Right after she got it cut, while she was still screaming, she picked her hair up the ground and started yelling, "Why can't you fix it?!" over and over. Very sad. I think she was more disturbed that she could find her hair separated from her more than anything. Luckily she got over it pretty quick and really loves how her new hair can swish back and forth :).
 Sadly it was cold and rainy almost everyday Stephanie and her kids were here. But they did have fun one night going out and playing in the puddles.
 Edyn got to hang out in her bumbo alot and she was pretty darn excited.
 I was trying to get some pictures of Jayden for Stephanie and that kid is wiggly! A lot like another certain daughter of mine which explains the lack of pictures of her smiling at the camera...
 The one warm day we had, we got out the wading pools and the kids had a blast.
 Jayden and Edyn all ready for our walk. We took Nathan and Steph for a walk around where we live, I keep trying to convince Stephanie what a lovely town we have and all the nice houses that are for sale...
 Grandma Grimmett came and visited one day and brought us all lunch. The kids had a picnic outside and were pretty excited that they all got their own bags of chips.
There are 2 litters of farm kittens out at the shop right now and my kids love to go down and pick them up and play with them. I believe they may have convinced their Nana to get another kitty. We definitely cannot have a pet right now so I'm so glad they can have kitty access through their Nana. It was so fun having Steph and Nathan visit and my kids loved seeing their cousins. I am so lucky to live near so much family, when they left I went and stayed with my parents for a few days before Kevin came back. I was so happy to see him, even with all the help I had, 8 days is a long time and we really missed him!

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Wish we could all live close together and hang out all the time!