Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Road Trip!

We went to Boise this past weekend to surprise my brother for his birthday since we haven't seen him for a while. It was so great to see Paul and Amanda and my kids really loved their cats. For some reason I always forget to get our my camera till about the end of our trip so I will have to see if I can steal some pictures that they took. We stayed in a hotel with a pool and Isak and Lucy of course were so excited that they got to go swimming. We went to church with them Sunday and Paul actually taught the primary class that Isak was in so that was really fun for him. It was so fun to catch up with them and I'm excited we get to see them again this summer.
 Kevin's cousin Misti happened to be in Boise visiting his aunt the same weekend. She lives in Colorado and we rarely get to see her so we were pretty excited to get to see her and her kids which are about our kids' age. They bonded right away over their mutual love for angry birds and electronic devices that you can play angry birds on.
 Misti had a baby girl about a month before I did. Her birth story is much, much more exciting as she had her baby in her car on the way to the hospital. Way cooler than just having it in the hospital. I wish they lived closer, I think our kids would be good friends!

 We headed down to Twin Falls that night to see Nathan and Stephanie. They took us down to the falls on Monday for a picnic which was great since we've never actually taken the time to look at the falls up close.
 Edyn also loved the sunshine. Either that or she thought she was going to get to eat those sandwiches....
 Ohh Lucy. I found her a pink angry bird shirt at the mall and her head about popped off she was so excited.

 Jayden was walking and would give me big grins. He was pretty darn cute. Edyn loved their stroller because it sat her straight up and she could look around.
 Isak really liked the falls and wanted to hike up everything.
 Conner and Isak played really well together and spent some time playing in the sprinklers and in the sandbox outside.
 Steph and I made this sinful dessert that has a lot of peanut butter and chocolate and makes you feel like a little sick afterwards. None of us could eat very much!
 My kids always remember Uncle Nathan's house because of their hamsters and the bunkbeds. They LOVE the hamsters and we got them out in their balls and let them run around. Those hamsters are pretty tough to survive all these kids and their "love" that they give them.

No comments: